Detailing World Forum banner

DAS-6 Pro with Menzema polishes kit - need guidance..

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  M@r]{ 
#1 ·
Hello all. I decided to give this machine polishing melarky a go. Think it was inevitable with two black vehicle in the household! So did some research on here and ordered this kit:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polis...as-6-pro-sonus-and-menzerna-kit/prod_677.html

It arrived today and I'm desperate to give it a go. However, I've been provided with 4 different polishes / cutting compounds in the kit and I'm unsure what to use and when?

* Do I use all in one session?
* Or specific ones for particular scenarios?
*There seems to be some overlap in their use, particularly with the 3800 and 3500?
* do I also need to invest in a 4th stage, protection product? Such as a sealer?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the newbie questions

#4 ·
Firstly I would definitely read up first and even watch some videos just to give yourself an idea what procedures need to be carried out even before you even go near the paint with a DA for the first time.

It's alright having to black cars and thinking you need to get into this malarkey but you could find yourself in a deep hole if you don't know what you are doing. Take time and things will become more clearer as you go on. And practice on a spare panel from a scrappy first.

#5 ·
Hello! Menzerna products are good and having this range gives you a good diversity. As above, do a lot of reading and video watching (junkman2000 is good start place).

This will give you a sense of familiarity when it comes to detailing your cars. It will also take longer than you expect!

The classic rule is to start with the lightest pad and polish combination and have a go with those. It you don't remove the defects your attempting to get rid of, step up one in aggressiveness. This ensures you don't remove more clearcoat than necessary and will make it easier to finish up as some aggressive products and pads leave marring which needs to be followed up with a finishing pad and polish.

I'd look into paint decontamination (mainly clay barring) and then a sealant or durable wax as well. Make sure your wash technique is good following two bucket method. I currently have had problems with marring from washing and it has been reccomended by more experienced people, such as chongo, that I look at the pre wash stage as well (snow foam and pre wash products) so maybe bare that in mind.

Good luck! Don't worry about asking basic questions. If you can't find the answer your after, people on here are always happy to help! :)

#7 ·
Thanks for the tips guys. If all goes to plan I’ll be collecting a used bonnet this weekend to have a practice on before applying my new honed skills to one of the cars, wish me luck!! :)

@suspal: glad not everyone on here is so rude and unwelcoming. I’m sure you were a newbie at some point. Next time, if you take exception to one of my posts just steer clear eh?

#8 ·
Thanks for the tips guys. If all goes to plan I'll be collecting a used bonnet this weekend to have a practice on before applying my new honed skills to one of the cars, wish me luck!! :)

@suspal: glad not everyone on here is so rude and unwelcoming. I'm sure you were a newbie at some point. Next time, if you take exception to one of my posts just steer clear eh?
:lol::lol: he still is a :newbie::p

When you get the panel just remember to decon it.
What pads are you going to use anyway

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.