Detailing World Forum banner

Cross contamination?

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  lowejackson 
#1 ·
Hello newbie here, glad to be a member and very enthusiastic about detailing. Been interest for a two years or so but finally bought my first DA , it's a DAS 6 pro! I bought three chemical guys quantum pads green (cutting), blue (polishing) and black (finishing).
I then purchased a poorboys super swirl remover sample pack.
My potentially stupid question is , if I was using ssr 2.5 on my blue pad , could I then use ssr 2 on my blue pad straight after. Similar to this , if I'm finishing with ssr 1 on my black pad , could I then apply my liquid wax with the black pad straight after or would there be some form of contamination from the previous compound.
Any help would be much appreciated [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
#9 ·
And just as nice, you can wash the pads in a bucket of ONR to get them nice and clean, spin dry near the top of the bucket and then apply fresh polish. The Hyper range is perfectly happy with a slightly damp pad as it also helps with the lubrication. If pads are in a bad way just a quick spray with Power Clean and then dunk the pads into ONR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.