Detailing World Forum banner

GardX conserver opinions.

10K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  cargainz 
#1 ·
I got given 5 litres of GardX conserver for Christmas by a friend. I'm new to car detailing and have been reading these forums avidly for advice.

My question is does it have a place in a detailers toolbox ? Or is it just an expensive doorstop ?

I'm only going to be working on my own car at the moment. I'm sure this product can't give the same protection as a wax that would take a lot longer to apply.

Is it something that you should/could use after every couple of washes to protect the wax coat more ?

Thanks
Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Cheers guys. That makes sense. Guess I've got a. I've expensive doorstop ! Lol

I also got bought GardX shampoo for washing the car, I'm guessing it's not the same principle ie. works best on a GardX protected car so I'd be better off sticking with the autoglym stuff I've got ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 · (Edited)
GardX, Diamondbrite, Autoglym lifeshine are products in their own right but my own opinion is that they are hyped up, not applied properly by dealers and cost £300-£600 (if you buy the items individually then they cost as little as £30).

They market the products as "car never needs to be polished again", and "offer guarantees" but in reality you have to top up protection using the conserver and use their approved products to maintain the guarantee.

You are better off getting the car professionally detailed and then you do maintenance washes yourself. Or you can detail the car yourself.

If you already have the conserver and not the gardx, as someone stated very expensive door stopper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.