Detailing World Forum banner

Carplan No1 Super Gloss

255K views 338 replies 87 participants last post by  adeel43 
#1 ·
Good Morning Fellow Detailers.

I have seen Carplan No1 Super Gloss ON OFFER at Eurocarpart, has some big claims i.e applies in 10 minutes and last for 12 months etc. Seems to me like a Sonax BSD, QD etc.

I currently use SONAX BSD and it's the Mutts !!. Has anybody used this ? had any experience of it ? I have had varied results with CARPLAN products so not holding up much hope for this one, however if anyone on here has used it, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.:detailer:

#31 ·
I dont think anyone here has yet used it, so not sure you'll get an answer yet? You may be fine, and remember most of these standard retail brands write simple instructions aimed only at the bloke in the street scrubbing his car on Sundays, or you may find its a product that really doesnt like application with water and smears like a wotsit etc etc?

Once some eventually arrives on doorsteps I guess people will start showing reviews as always and then there'll be a thread saying "Is Super Gloss the new BSD..." and the usual hype and arguments will start and then another product will come along again.....rinse.....repeat....rinse.....repeat.....

Cynical...moi? Surely not :devil:

#32 ·
I picked up some of this at the weekend.

I had a quick try on the bonnet of the company car - Metallic Red Mondeo Hybrid (having washed but not clayed or deconned first). If definately improved the overall appearance and added gloss, although i did need to work hard to fully remove - so i would recommend spray spread and immediately remove, i had to apply more and immedately wipe to get a clear finish. It feels glossy and watery on application and not 'grabby' like BSD.

The water (sheeting) behaviour was also very good immediately after application (i dont have the car the whole time so had to do it there and then).

I didnt apply to my own car as I have other products on there, but i did apply it to my very clean alloys and here it looked great and wiped clear easily. I will see what the protection is like in a week or so.

Rob

#33 ·
I received an email today, part if which says..

The following 1 piece(s) have been sent via DHL International GmbH on
06/04/2017 on Shipment Number xxxxx xxxxx

Seems mine has arrived at Heathrow, pretty good service for £5.20 and I mean that. :)

#35 · (Edited)
Hi guys I ordered my from ECP almost a week and 1/2 ago...It's still not arrived, and as BigPikle stated I have had no COMMS from ECP either. I have been checking the WEBSITE and I can't see the product either ( Could just be me) anybody else had the same issue ?

AS SOON as i'd written and published the post. I got an EMAIL very similar to SHINE247. DHL are allegedly delivering mine today. I will if I get a chance try it out to tonight and update you. I'm not holding up much hope as CARPLAN products haven't always been the best but for the price, it was worth a punt. I can't see it being anywhere near as good as SONAX BSD, but lets not judge before I have tried.

#37 ·
arrived so had a little play....

Smells like bubblegum just like Nattys Blue. Washed the bonnet with ONR and sprayed half with this stuff - couple of sprays and a wipe and buff. Dead easy, no smears, not grabby and piece of cake to use. It was on silver and I cant say I saw an noticeable increase in gloss but the car is spotless and ONR leaves a nice gloss anyway on the other side. Smooth rather than slick finish, much slicker than BSD but nothing like OCW or OID or c2v3 'proper' slick. Tighter beading and much faster sheeting than the other side of the bonnet after a quick rinse - better than c2v3. Will give the car a full spray when I wash it later.

So far, for £5 I'm happy with this. Not blown away but frankly I havent really given it a chance to do that on half a silver bonnet....

#38 ·
Mine is out for delivery. I have not bought it to compare with bsd, merely as an extra product. The bottle says you can use it on rubber etc. I will not be putting it on a nicely finished summer look unless I discover it is amazing. The last thing I want is a below par product "designed" to last a year on my paint which I have to remove.

#41 · (Edited)
Just noticed its 1/3 off at Sainsbury now as well - only £5.33. Will grab a bottle for the old man to keep his Octavia tidy with.

Going to give the car a full wash now and top up with this and see what happens?

Edit: Just did a full ONR wash and use Supergloss as a drying aid. Absolutely dead easy to use just like a QD or spray wax, just spray the panel, wipe dry and done. Worked in shade, full sun and even some warm (silver so not hot) panels and a dream each time. Then went around a few panels and did it dry and again it was just like using a QD. Tried it on textured black plastic trim panels and just fine with no marks or anything.

Car looks super glossy, but then it did before with numerous layers of c2v3 and OCW, but the beading is definitely tighter than before and the sheeting is very fast - you could tell as soon as I put wash liquid on the half bonnet I did early. It cleared twice as fast as the untreated side.

Seems a very competent easy product that does what it says on the bottle, although, 'lasts up to a year' isnt a statement I'll test until winter weather, if there's any left by then. Easier than BSD, slicker finish as well, although I'm not sure it adds quite as much to the look as BSD seems to. Beading isnt quite in that league either. Interesting experiment...

#73 ·
Just noticed its 1/3 off at Sainsbury now as well - only £5.33. Will grab a bottle for the old man to keep his Octavia tidy with.

Going to give the car a full wash now and top up with this and see what happens?

Edit: Just did a full ONR wash and use Supergloss as a drying aid. Absolutely dead easy to use just like a QD or spray wax, just spray the panel, wipe dry and done. Worked in shade, full sun and even some warm (silver so not hot) panels and a dream each time. Then went around a few panels and did it dry and again it was just like using a QD. Tried it on textured black plastic trim panels and just fine with no marks or anything.

Car looks super glossy, but then it did before with numerous layers of c2v3 and OCW, but the beading is definitely tighter than before and the sheeting is very fast - you could tell as soon as I put wash liquid on the half bonnet I did early. It cleared twice as fast as the untreated side.

Seems a very competent easy product that does what it says on the bottle, although, 'lasts up to a year' isnt a statement I'll test until winter weather, if there's any left by then. Easier than BSD, slicker finish as well, although I'm not sure it adds quite as much to the look as BSD seems to. Beading isnt quite in that league either. Interesting experiment...
This one: " The water behaviour seems quite good TBH. I quite like the stuff, which slightly surprised me, so gave it to the old man to use after his weekly wash. " ?

I did read it last night, sounds good. Please keep us updated on longevity.
Nope - this one.

#42 · (Edited)
Mine got as far as the reg plate. You can tell when you spray it, it has some form of hydrophobic tendancy as it beads itself. My bottle appeared not to open at all but after multiple pumps it worked. Initially there was no air, splutter or anything.
Anyway, I will see how it goes, just because it is Carplan does not mean it is poor but it will be tested. It could easily prove better than the expensive products seen on here, I treat them just the same.One of my favourite sealants is Enduracoat and Turtlewax made that.

PS. I know Sainsburys have it and was waiting for the drop...

#48 · (Edited)

I gave mine a quick wash last night and used Super Gloss as a drying aid which is why I bought it after watching the AMMO vid above.

It's the first time I've used any type of drying aid and I managed to completely dry the car with 1 drying towel I was very impressed with the process - I'm a convert!

And the fact this stuff is so reasonably priced Win - Win!

:)

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/carplan-no1-supergloss-131407556-p

:)

#61 ·
to be fair to ECP though, its the manufacturer thats sending them bottles with loose caps, and you cant expect the ECP warehouse to inspect every product carefully before its packaged for dispatch. Its a VERY high volume business and not 1 bloke doing 5 orders a day, so I think we should be getting more frustrated with Carplan for being shoddy with their products. Carplan are the ones that have a tech issue with the machine putting bottle caps on that needs addressing and they should be spotting that in routine QC checks but clearly aren't.

When I DO get annoyed is when I get a product like a china dinner plate, individually wrapped in 10 layers of protective wrapping, in a secure package, and the damn thing has a big chip in it that must have been totally obvious to the person that spent 20 mins wrapping it! Loose bottle caps is annoying but perhaps more forgivable for the retailer.

#63 ·
Hi all, :newbie: I joined early last Friday a.m. when I saw this thread. I noticed everyone was mentioning ECP and that they didn't have it in stock. I buy stuff from them when it's a good deal. I'd been in Sainsbury's on Thurs and spotted this CP Super Gloss, and did a quick google to see if it was any good. That's when I came across this site and thought, ok, I'll get a plug in that Sains. have it at £5.33. I couldn't do that because I have only just had my account verified! Don't they trust newbies here? :)

Anyway, I went back to Sainsbury's and bought a bottle. Right, let's see what this stuff is like. Could I spray - would it spray - would it hell! I gave up. Then I thought after 10 mins I'd give it another go, unscrewed cap, put it back, squeeze trigger repeatedly, nope, not a drop came out! Undid cap again and flicked the remnants from the tube over a small panel - looks like globules of water rolling around! Rubbed it in and wiped over. That's not a bad sheen on a already shiny car.
What do I do? Sainsbury's is 3 miles from me. Crafty (this isn't going to help my reputation lol) I poured some in an empty clean squirty bottle. Had a proper try. Yeah, I really like this, I don't believe the claim of lasting a year, but hey ho!
Off to Sains to complain.
They (cust services) try and try but it won't spray. 'How come some is missing?' I'm asked. :eek: Oh no, I've been rumbled! 'Well, I tried some on a cloth, but it doesn't work properly - says online that it must be sprayed.' 'Oh that's ok then, do you want to get another or have a refund?'
'I'll have another please.' :thumb:
Get home and would you believe it, :wall: this one won't spray either! I have pumped and pumped but no.
Anyone else had this problem. And yes, I have turned it from Off to On!!

When I picked up another, there were even more bottles been put out. But seems I'm the only one whose bought it. If I go back to get some more I might just 'test' it works in store!! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.