Detailing World Forum banner

Who knows of a UK supplier of DA polishing pads at Chinese prices ?

21K views 51 replies 18 participants last post by  percymon 
#1 · (Edited)
Who knows of a UK supplier of Chinese DA polishing pads ?

This thread was originally entitled "Who knows of a UK supplier of DA polishing pads at Chinese prices ?"

It looks like I'm unable to amend the thread title within the main directory.

However, when I created this thread, I was unaware it's possible to buy 3 Chinese polishing pads, from China, for as little as £2:39 delivered (according to a forum member).

What I was really looking for; was a UK supplier of non branded polishing pads at more affordable prices, without an estimated delivery time of 4-6 weeks; and thanks to a link provided by CharliesTTS, this was achieved:
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-5x-...d=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10&_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

Which were ordered on the Sunday and received within two days (Tuesday morning).

The following is a review by Forensic Detailing, which convinced me to try the Chinese polishing pads and although the pads I purchased share the Hex Logic name and pattern, they were not purchased from the supplier mentioned within the review but from the eBay link above.

Original Post:
As subject title says; does anyone know of a UK supplier of these cheap Chinese polishing pads and backing plates, who deliver within 3-5 days ?

All those listed on eBay are from Shanghia with an estimated delivery time of 4 to 6 weeks; I don't want to wait that long for items to arrive.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
And why not......no harm in asking; just because one person isn't aware of such a stockist, doesn't necessarily mean such a stockist doesn't exist; hence my question.

I'm not expecting Michelin Star polishing pads at McDonald prices but Chinese polishing pads at reasonable prices and available in the UK.

ENEP....... Thanks for your recommendation

#12 ·
Ive used ZFE stores on Ebay. They took about 7 days both times i ordered.

Some of the hex logic alike pads seem to be different colours, but feel equally as soft. Black/red/blue.

The orange and yellow are firmer (yellow were the firmest) but neither cut in the same way a proper pad does, even with the same compound on the same car.

I use them for applying wax / sealants or even lime prime but thats about it. I find them fine for that kind of thing and a bargain.

#14 ·
As subject title says; does anyone know of a UK supplier of these cheap Chinese polishing pads and backing plates, who deliver within 3-5 days ?

All those listed on eBay are from Shanghia with an estimated delivery time of 4 to 6 weeks; I don't want to wait that long for items to arrive.
For this to be a real thing a uk supplier would have to by them from china and shipp them to you from the UK, you have to appreciate the UK seller will have to factor in shipping also so your basically asking is their a UK seller who would take a loss to sell something, it wouldn't happen, no eCommerce seller is in the business to lose money

#25 ·
An interesting discussion but you have to remember Chinese labour costs are a lot lower than the UK plus you have to factor in UK taxes plus liability insurance etc. I'm not disputing the margin on detailing items can sometimes be pretty large but you have to consider all costs if you wanted to do this from a UK operation

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

#35 · (Edited)
Yeah, there's no industry standard of colour coding but you"d at least expect each Chinese manufacturer to ensure the foam density and cut correlate with their own colour chart and key; this is also mentioned within the Forensic Detailing review.

When I ordered the pads, I had every intention of using them within days of receipt; providing a review and only posting eBay feedback once the pads have been used but I've somehow injured my back and I'm struggling to move, never mind bend to polish the car.

I have little experience of machine polishing, so don't know what to expect of the pads; I must admit, on receipt, they all felt the same and I was beginning to wonder whether there was actually any difference other than the pretty colours.

Locoblade...... Since your post, I've felt the density of the pads and just as you say (if the density is anything to go by), the pads don't correlate with the sellers/manufacturers colour chart either.

The pads I bought are as follows:

White = Very Hard

Orange = Hard/Slightly Softer than White

Yellow = Hard/Much Softer than Orange Pad

Black = Soft /Very Noticeable softness compared to Yellow Pad

Blue = Very Soft/Softest Pad

Sellers/Manufactures Colour/Cut Key:

#36 ·
Locoblade...... Since your post, I've felt the density of the pads and just as you say (if the density is anything to go by), the pads don't correlate with the sellers/manufacturers colour chart either.

The pads I bought are as follows:

White = Very Hard

Orange = Hard/Slightly Softer than White

Yellow = Hard/Much Softer than Orange Pad

Black = Soft /Very Noticeable softness compared to Yellow Pad

Blue = Very Soft/Softest Pad
Sounds similar although my yellow pad is the softest of the lot. Have a look at this not entirely scientific test I just did, you can see the yellow one compresses first, followed by black then blue, with the white and orange being far harder to compress. Hmmm

#38 · (Edited)
Who knows of a UK supplier of Chinese DA polishing pads ?

As this thread has attracted over 4500 views; I've posted a copy of my entire first post below:

This thread was originally entitled "Who knows of a UK supplier of DA polishing pads at Chinese prices ?"

However, when I created this thread, I was unaware it's possible to buy 3 Chinese polishing pads, from China, for as little as £2:39 delivered (according to a forum member).

What I was really looking for; was a UK supplier of non branded polishing pads at more affordable prices, without an estimated delivery time of 4-6 weeks; and thanks to a link provided by CharliesTTS, this was achieved:
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-5x-...d=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10&_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

Which were ordered on the Sunday and received within two days (Tuesday morning).

The following is a review by Forensic Detailing, which convinced me to try the Chinese polishing pads and although the pads I purchased share the Hex Logic name and pattern, they were not purchased from the supplier mentioned within the review but from the eBay link above.

Original Post:

#39 ·
As this thread has attracted over 4500 views; I've posted a copy of my entire first post below:

Cheap Chinese polishing pads reviewed - YouTube

Original Post:

They are the same ones from china that you can get 3 for under about £6, if you had orderd them from China when you made this post you would have had them long ago its typically 10-15 days to get them delivered, ive never waited 30 days so you would probably have had them 2 weeks ago

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3Pc...133.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dDPG8ic

#40 ·
I spray paint so use quite a few pads as all my jobs are wet flatted down to 2000 grit and need to be polished. I have been using the ZFE store on ebay and never had a problem with either the pads or the service. so for those that would sooner buy the same pads from sellers here at a much higher price crack on

#41 · (Edited)
\Rian..... I created this thread on the 7th Sept 18, ordered the pads on the 9th and they were delivered on the 11th Sept.

When I ordered the pads I had no idea I would develope a back injury.

Although you're an advocate of polishing pad direct from China, have received them within 10 -15 days and are effectively trying to save me money; when I see a listing on eBay or Amazon which states an estimated delivery time of 28 days or longer, it's just too long to wait, even now.

At the time, the weather was good, I had full mobility and was eager to use my new polisher.

#42 ·
Rian..... I created this thread on the 7th Sept 18, ordered the pads on the 9th and they were delivered on the 11th Sept.

When I ordered the pads I had no idea I would develope a back injury.

Although you're an advocate of polishing pad direct from China, have received them within 10 -15 days and are effectively trying to save me money; when I see a listing on eBay or Amazon which states an estimated delivery time of 28 days or longer, it's just too long to wait, even now.

At the time, the weather was good, I had full mobility and was eager to use my new polisher.
It might be worth picking some up for future in that case the ones in the forensic details video the ones John actually does think are any good are below, however they are only about £15 on ebay but

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/6-P...826.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.2d812e0evGifOz

6 for under a £10.

I personally think all pads are made in china however some are just resold on ebay and other places so I like going direct to the source as it were and saving some ££

I appreciate your requirement for them a lot sooner than 15 days but I don't want you to think you would have to wait 4 to 6 weeks

How did you find the Chinese pads? I found as most people they were to soft to perform a decent job so hoping the ones recommended by john in the above link will be better than the hex as the above are a dual foam construction and look a lot better to

#44 ·
\Rian......I've not yet got round to using the pads, which seems ironic considering.

I didn't deem it necessary to buy the SPTA Dual Foam pads, although, I appreciate the link, as I'm only restoring colour to a 16 year old Vx Astra; my thought process, was to acquire pads only to replicate what I've already achieved by hand but quicker.

#45 ·
Rian......I've not yet got round to using the pads, which seems ironic considering.

I didn't deem it necessary to buy the SPTA Dual Foam pads, although, I appreciate the link, as I'm only restoring colour to a 16 year old Vx Astra; my thought process, was to acquire pads only to replicate what I've already achieved by hand but quicker.
"Only Restoring Colour" that is not just the yearly polish if the paint has faded sounds like you could need a compound and would have benefited from a firmer pad, I wish you luck and hope you can get a result your happy with,

I only used the ones I brought for a minor refinement e.g finishing polish as my paint had been compounded and corrected the previous year however it did not remove all defects, but did bring it to a Point I was happy with I only used Sonax Profilile perfect finish also so its not an aggressive polish

Understandably its not just the polish but a combo of pad and polish, mind you it was hard VW paint so I wasn't expecting a flawless finish.

For my New car a Seat Altea that has never seen a polish in its 12 years I will be trying the Dual Foam pads as the Hex ones wont give the cut I require.

What polish/Compund are you trying with what pad can I ask ?

#46 · (Edited)
\Rian..... Don't shoot me, but I completely restored the colour, by hand using T Cut Original, which took absolutely ages, (hence buying the DA Polisher) followed by an application of Red Colour Magic.

That was before, I posted on here: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/for...&highlight=Red+Vauxhall+Astra+restore+protect

The colour and lustre has remained since, without fading and judging by the beading after a downpour or a power wash, the Colour Magic is still apparent.

Forum member Stangalang suggested I should of used Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze followed by a Wax.

Then another forum member; alfajim, offered a full bottle of Show Car Glaze for free, which arrived with a tin of Wax.

I intend to apply the Show Car Glaze via the DA polisher & pads followed by the Carnauba Wax, applied and buffed off by hand.

I'm not entirely sure which pad to start with but I planned to start with the softest pad first, which when ordered, I believed was the Black one but since the findings by locoblade, now it appears to be the Blue pad; so I guess I'll just work my way up in pad density unitl I see the desired result.

#47 ·
Rian..... Don't shoot me, but I completely restored the colour, by hand using T Cut Original, which took absolutely ages, (hence buying the DA Polisher) followed by an application of Red Colour Magic.

That was before, I posted on here: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/for...&highlight=Red+Vauxhall+Astra+restore+protect

The colour and lustre has remained since, without fading and judging by the beading after a downpour or a power wash, the Colour Magic is still apparent.

Forum member Stangalang suggested I should of used Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze followed by a Wax.

Then another forum member; alfajim, offered a full bottle of Show Car Glaze for free, which arrived with a tin of Wax.

I intend to apply the Show Car Glaze via the DA polisher & pads followed by the Carnauba Wax, applied and buffed off by hand.

I'm not entirely sure which pad to start with but I planned to start with the softest pad first, which when ordered, I believed was the Black one but since the findings by locoblade, now it appears to be the Blue pad; so I guess I'll just work my way up in pad density unitl I see the desired result.
You have more Patience's than I ever would I could not imagine t-cutting a car byhand,

Pad firmness is debatable when it comes to these pads however I think your on the right track, I would have loved to see some before and afters.

#49 ·

Cheap Chinese polishing pads reviewed - YouTube

Original Post:

You can get some quality ones at completemotoring.com for reasonable (but not Chinese) prices. they come next working day so pretty decent but not sure about them £2.50 ones! :)

#51 ·
I took a punt on some SPTA pads via eBay , supplied from China - having used them on Saturday on the Fiesta project (with Menzerna polishes) I am extremely happy with them - if anything they were nicer to use than HexLogic, Lake Country and Scholl Concepts pads i've bought over the last 8-10 years.
What color(s) did you use and can they be compared to hex logic color scheme?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.