Detailing World Forum banner

Aerosol Wheel sealent

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  tosh 
#1 ·
I've been using Autoglym alloy wheel seal for years I have 2 cars one protected from new with Gtechniq c5 and the other I use Autoglym alloy wheel seal after each wash. the dirt washes off both cars really easy but I think the Autoglym make the wheels shine a little more. problem is Autoglym have replaced it with wheel sealant which I don't like as much firstly its not to be used on dark coloured wheels and secondly I have to leave for an hour before buffing off I like the spray and wipe method of the alloy wheel seal.

Is there any other brands that do something I can spray on and wipe off instantly to protect my wheels give them a nice shine and protective coating ?

#2 ·
Just use the AutoGlym Instant Show Shine it will give the same results(and was what I was told by my local rep) and is what I have switched to after the demise of the original Wheel Seal product...which like you is no use to me as both of our daily drivers have dark coloured wheels.

#7 ·
The now discontinued Autoglym Wheel Seal was a simple spray shine and was, in my understanding, the same chemistry as Instant Show Shine. It looked good,but had very little durability.

The new Autoglym Wheel Protector, that has replaced Wheel Seal, is an altogether different product - it is a spray and let dry wheel sealant and it is reasonable, lasting a month or more with decent looks. Water just runs straight off it and the wheels do a decent job of cleaning themselves.

Having said that, i now just use whatever spray LSP i have to hand and can tell you that Sonax BSD works great on alloy wheels (sorry Autoglym...) as did Autoglym AquaWax before that.

Recently got a tub of FK1000p, so will be trying that out on the wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.