Detailing World Forum banner

Most reliable pressure washer on the market

8K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  MBRuss 
#1 ·
Having had problems with both the Karcher K4 and Kranzle K7 I wondered what the most reliable unit out there is in your opinion?

#4 ·
I've had a couple of issues. When it's firing it's by far the best unit I've used. Just recently I've had a slight oil leak and my latest issue is the gauge going to 150 bar when I haven't even got the trigger down. Spoken to Kranzle but not sorted it yet. Just frustrating as I only bought it in December.

#11 · (Edited)
I had a karcher k5.5 (old model)for 8 years plus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have heard that the older models were better made than the new ones. I have a 411A that I bought around 2000, its used all day 3 days a week. Works just as well as the day I bought it.

I see this model for sale on Gumtree for coffee money, often tempted to buy one as a back up.

ETA just looked on ebay to see what price they sell for, £10-12 in full working order.

#6 ·
I have used the Karcher K5 for close on 10 years. From Snow-foaming, rinsing, cleaning house windows, patios and anything else that needs to be cleaned! When it finally dies, I will replace it with another Karcher without hesitation - a great piece of kit :buffer:

#10 ·
I have used mine around a mates house with a water-butt to feed the supply using a Karcher suction hose. Obviously zero pressure on that occasion and it coped well.

From what the other guys have said, perhaps the K4 has some problems. My K5 has been great so far and never let me down even with some very tough tasks around the house and garden as well as on the cars

#16 ·
Another Karcher user here K375(?)

12 years with little no maintenance and lots of use. I clean out inlet filter from time to time, but never flush it out - although using DI water i suspect helps.

I did buy a 10m proper rubber/wire hose to replace the crap OEM item.

I shall run it until it stops, then buy another Karcher.

#21 ·
If it's being used on a daily basis, I'd hazard a guess it's for business use? If so, you really should opt for a commercial machine as domestic machines are not covered for business use obviously, so that rules our Karcher K series or Nilfisk models up to the P150 and so on! Then you need to factor in how long it's in use for on a daily basis, my Karcher HD5/11P is a commercial unit, but only rated for use up to an hour a day! Next question is it for mobile or static use?

#24 ·
Are the Karchers even serviceable? At least with the Kranzle you can have it repaired/serviced if anything goes wrong. I suspect you've just been unlucky with a faulty one, and that when fixed it'll probably run flawlessly for decades to come if serviced properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.