Detailing World Forum banner

little bit of advice for choosing between gtechniq & carpro

13K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  f4780y 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

I am a big fan of both of these products,

I am changing car within the next few weeks and have decided I want to ceramic coat wheels & body on the car,

I am thinking c1 & exo v3 and c5 for wheels
OR
Carpro cquartz uk and delux for wheels

I cant really decide between which one, cost isnt an issue

I have used cquartz before and loved it, but ive also cleaned cars for people with gtechniq applied and its a great coating too,

if you had to choose which would you choose & why?

Also maintenance wise, I am thinking carpro reset would be my best bet ? any others to consider??

#3 ·
Reset is a shampoo pal, I was meaning maintenance washes, But yes I've seen essence plus and its interesting

I just wonder how many personally have these coatings on their cars and not just people who have applied them,

I'd like opinions from people who have them on their own personal cars and how they find them months down the line etc

#4 ·
I've got the car pro cquartz and delux on the wheels. It will have been on 2 years in April and it's still going strong. I use reset for washes which I love.

I top up on every wash with a spray of reload which is the best drying aid that I've used and leaves it slick and super shiny.

Mine was applied by a detailer so can't really comment on application.

#9 ·
I've got the car pro cquartz and delux on the wheels. It will have been on 2 years in April and it's still going strong. I use reset for washes which I love.

I top up on every wash with a spray of reload which is the best drying aid that I've used and leaves it slick and super shiny.

Mine was applied by a detailer so can't really comment on application.
I have, and do, exactly the same.

I applied the CQuartz myself. I'm pretty sure it was the high humidity the day I did it, but I found that it was quite stubborn to buff off once applied. I also have the same issue with Reload to a lesser extent in that it needs a little elbow grease to buff off - although I do think it's moisture related again. (I live on the west coast of Ireland and the humidity is rarely below 75%).

I'm very happy with CQuartz, it has been a very durable coating and once it's regularly topped up with Reload I think it greatly extends its life. I use Reset too and it's excellent, it really rejuvenates the look of the car. I've tested it against other shampoos and to my eye there's definitely a difference.

#17 ·
Gonz,from my experience,i transferred from waxes to coatings a few years back.
I still love waxes but use coatings much more.
For the wheels,Windscreens,headlights,coatings offer a very good protection solution thats just wasnt there before.
For the paint,coating has raised the standard as far as,protection,hydrophobic factors,looks,etc..
You wont really know until you give it a go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.