Detailing World Forum banner

SRP car with Da

7K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  blader1611 
#1 ·
I have the das6 pro and i assume its ok to apply SRP with this. Questions is how do i apply it? What speed should it be on and how much pressure and how many passes?

#2 · (Edited)
No dont do it. SRP will dry to quick, best to do it by hand,,,, :thumb:

If your looking to remove swirl marks then use a proper swirl remover polish, like the MEGS mf system or even the Gtechnic P1...
far better results, SRP is good as a filling polish, wont remove the majority of swirls though... just fill them in....

#17 ·
You obviously haven't used SRP with a DA.

SRP works so much better when used with a DA.
To prolong the work time of SRP when applying by DA, all you need to do is to lightly mist the pad/panel.
I lightly mist the panel as I find that works best for me :thumb:.
SRP is NOT only a filling polish....it also has a slight cutting ability if worked to it's full potential......even by hand.

#11 ·
Okay pal ill elaborate

Heres a combo thats quite trendy on dw these days and i use it myself

Correct the car then add a layer of AF Tripple then follow up with tough coat/wax for a fantastic finish

Whats the difference with doing that or doing the same with srp then a wax as they are both very similar products(srp/tripple)

#13 ·
Difference being Tripple isn't going to cover your car in white dust that you're then gonna have to dig out of every crevice.......
And SRP's protection isn't really up to much IMO.......
And Tripple is a far superior AIO anyway IMO..........

But hey, we can agree to disagree..........Pal....:lol:

#16 ·
I used the new SRP with a CG finishing pad on speed 3 and it seemed just fine and virtually no dust. To be honest its no quicker than doing by hand but i wanted to see if it made any difference by machine. My car though is a crap colour and doesnt show that well. After the correction the car didnt look any glossier but it certainly doesnt have any swirl marks anymore and that was the goal so pretty happy. its still a learning curve for me and now i am just a bit more wise and knowledgable.

#21 · (Edited)
You can't beat a good pre-wax cleaner on a DA. I've never tried SRP but Carlack is unbelievable on a dual action.

Carlack Nano Systematic care in conjunction with a Optimum microfiber polishing pad is probably the quickest most satisfying one step product you could ever wish for. Unbelieveable cleaning power and the most durable AIO on the market. It was like the pad and polish were designed for each other.

I don't get too much time to keep on top of my van lately but I keep it clean. It was only half way through I thought I should be taking pictures, but the colour of the pad tells it's own story.

I really think using the microfiber pad made all the difference to the cleaning and finish. The beauty of using a DA is including buffing after it off took about half an hour and you couldn't dream of getting close to the finish by hand. The bonus being the optimum pads are mega durable so you can just put it in the machine after.

#24 ·
I'll pipe up one more time.......... (disclaimer) 'personally, in my humble opinion' there are better AIO's out there, I'm a Werkstat Prime fan myself but then I have a white car so was using the Acrylic Jett too, Prime cleans so well it's literally visible on my white panels, a 50/50 leave it looking like 2 different coloured whites!

#25 ·
Agree Tripple (as the example i used earlier)among others is streets ahead of srp imo although srp is a good product in itself.

Point i was making was that lots do use an aio after correction before lsp but everyone does thing a little differently when finishing a car :thumb:

#32 ·
Still can't understand why you would want to use a paint cleaner after polishing, the paint will be pretty clean by then.
Most sealants willl not adhere well to another product and prefer bare paint.

Think people are blinded by products and apply srp, glaze, sealant and wax and wonder why it does not look to good. It is too many products.

Polish car and correct, IPA wipe down, add sealant or wax say 2 coats and job done.

Reactions: s.bailey
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.