Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 22-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #31
bigmc
Banned

Thanked 3,009 Times in 2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Master View Post
If it doesn't say 'New Formula' on the SRP bottle then it will leave lots if white powder, the new formula is much much better and leaves very little powder.
Wrong! If YOU use too much it will leave white powder. I can't say it much clearer than that.
bigmc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigmc For This Useful Post:
PaulTheo (23-04-2012), trv8 (23-04-2012)
Old 22-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #32
Mirror Finish Details
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,563 Posts
Garage
Still can't understand why you would want to use a paint cleaner after polishing, the paint will be pretty clean by then.
Most sealants willl not adhere well to another product and prefer bare paint.

Think people are blinded by products and apply srp, glaze, sealant and wax and wonder why it does not look to good. It is too many products.

Polish car and correct, IPA wipe down, add sealant or wax say 2 coats and job done.
Mirror Finish Details is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirror Finish Details For This Useful Post:
s.bailey (22-04-2012)
Old 23-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #33
blader1611
Washmitt Meister

What about for people like me (a newbie) who didnt do full correction but say 90% and just wanted the SRP to fill the remaining marks? To be fair if i can leave out the SRP then bonus its one less job to do.
blader1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #34
josadler
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanYourCar View Post
You can't beat a good pre-wax cleaner on a DA. I've never tried SRP but Carlack is unbelievable on a dual action.

Carlack Nano Systematic care in conjunction with a Optimum microfiber polishing pad is probably the quickest most satisfying one step product you could ever wish for. Unbelieveable cleaning power and the most durable AIO on the market. It was like the pad and polish were designed for each other.

I don't get too much time to keep on top of my van lately but I keep it clean. It was only half way through I thought I should be taking pictures, but the colour of the pad tells it's own story.

I really think using the microfiber pad made all the difference to the cleaning and finish. The beauty of using a DA is including buffing after it off took about half an hour and you couldn't dream of getting close to the finish by hand. The bonus being the optimum pads are mega durable so you can just put it in the machine after.

How many pads did You use for the whole car?

By coincidence i just made an order for these.
I wanted to use them along with Menzerna 106, but i don't have alot of time and might just go the way You cleaned Your car.
josadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #35
blader1611
Washmitt Meister

So after polishing with the menzerna polish best thing to do is an IPA wipedown (what dilution rate) and then go straight ahead with applying HD Wax?
blader1611 is offline   Reply With Quote