Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 23-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
GeRoY
Washmitt Meister

Wolf's Chemicals Ultra Fine Polish (WP-1N)

Hi all.

I want to ask that this polish:

Wolf's Chemicals Ultra Fine Polish (WP-1N) - "The Jeweler" is ideal for removing holograms (after the 2nd step) as the 3rd step in polishing?
(and for paint cleaning as a paint cleaner with DA on finishing pad before sealant/wax, or is it too harsh for paint cleaning?) ?

Thanks for replies in advance
GeRoY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GeRoY For This Useful Post:
JBirchy (23-04-2012)
Old 23-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
JBirchy
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 3,587 Times in 2,569 Posts
It's absolutely perfect for the job you've described. It's a fantastic polish and very versatile depending on what pad you use it with. Jesse from Wolf's posted a video not too long ago showing it removing 3,000 grit sanding marks with an aggressive compounding pad, and it will jewel and gloss for very long periods as a fine finishing polish.

It's not too harsh for paint cleaning, will do a great job, but make sure to do a good IPA wipedown to remove any remaining oils before sealing/waxing.

Hope this helps!
JBirchy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JBirchy For This Useful Post:
GeRoY (23-04-2012), Wolf's Chemicals (23-04-2012)
Old 23-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
GeRoY
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBirchy View Post
It's absolutely perfect for the job you've described. It's a fantastic polish and very versatile depending on what pad you use it with. Jesse from Wolf's posted a video not too long ago showing it removing 3,000 grit sanding marks with an aggressive compounding pad, and it will jewel and gloss for very long periods as a fine finishing polish.

It's not too harsh for paint cleaning, will do a great job, but make sure to do a good IPA wipedown to remove any remaining oils before sealing/waxing.

Hope this helps!
Thank You very much for Your answer mate.

I will be using it with Wolfs Omega finishing pad with DA polisher to remove any holograms and for jeweling and cleaning the paint 2 times a year... before and after winter to gently clean the paint before wax/seal.

I dont need it for removing swirls and scratches, only for paint cleaning 2 times a year before/after winter, and for removing holograms.

Thanks for Your quick answer once more. You helped me a lot.
Old 23-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #4
JBirchy
Distinguished Detailer

Yeah it will be perfect for that, the Omega finishing pad is excellent as well!

If you are protecting the car with Wolf's Body Wrap (Highly recommended!) then i would recommend Wolf's Shine and Seal over WP-1N for no other reason that it will lay the perfect base for Body Wrap's Nano Monkeys and it is also lovely to use with a DA.

Either way though, they're great products!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JBirchy For This Useful Post:
GeRoY (23-04-2012), Wolf's Chemicals (23-04-2012)
Old 23-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #5
GeRoY
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Yeah it will be perfect for that, the Omega finishing pad is excellent as well!

If you are protecting the car with Wolf's Body Wrap (Highly recommended!) then i would recommend Wolf's Shine and Seal over WP-1N for no other reason that it will lay the perfect base for Body Wrap's Nano Monkeys and it is also lovely to use with a DA.

Either way though, they're great products!
Thanks for the answer .

I definitely will give a go for Wolfs WP-1N and for omega pad.

Omega pad is gentle enough for gentle paint cleaning? I think yes as it's a finishing pad. I dont want to take away much from clear coat.

Im thinking about getting Wolfs Body Wrap... but i dont know at this time to buy it or not as i'm using Collinite 476s and i find pretty durable. What benefits offers Body Wrap over Collinite 476 in effects/durability. I need a durable wax/seal as im not having much time for detailing, max. 2-3 times a year. Effects im topping up with QDs
Old 23-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
Wolf's Chemicals
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,973 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeRoY View Post
Thanks for the answer .

I definitely will give a go for Wolfs WP-1N and for omega pad.

Omega pad is gentle enough for gentle paint cleaning? I think yes as it's a finishing pad. I dont want to take away much from clear coat.

Im thinking about getting Wolfs Body Wrap... but i dont know at this time to buy it or not as i'm using Collinite 476s and i find pretty durable. What benefits offers Body Wrap over Collinite 476 in effects/durability. I need a durable wax/seal as im not having much time for detailing, max. 2-3 times a year. Effects im topping up with QDs
The Wolf Pack has spoken, cheers Jon ! Yes sure mate, it's gentle enough for cleaning and you can even use it to apply Body Wrap if you choose, just make sure you wash the pad well before applying it! In all honesty, if I didn't have Wolf's I would use Collinite. Out of the umpteen million waxes I had in my arsenal before starting Wolf's, Colly was my go-to wax even over the most expensive ones from the bunch. Nothing but praise from me for Colly . But BW is different than Colly being that it's a nano sealant. You can expect much longer durability from it and the shine is outstanding I'm going on 1 year 5 months of protection from Body Wrap now and it's driving me nuts not being able to seal my truck, but I want to see just how long it will go! Been through 2 nasty winters and lives outside... still going...

- Jesse
Wolf's Chemicals is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolf's Chemicals For This Useful Post:
ozy (24-04-2012)
Old 24-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #7
GeRoY
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf’s Chemicals View Post
The Wolf Pack has spoken, cheers Jon ! Yes sure mate, it's gentle enough for cleaning and you can even use it to apply Body Wrap if you choose, just make sure you wash the pad well before applying it! In all honesty, if I didn't have Wolf's I would use Collinite. Out of the umpteen million waxes I had in my arsenal before starting Wolf's, Colly was my go-to wax even over the most expensive ones from the bunch. Nothing but praise from me for Colly . But BW is different than Colly being that it's a nano sealant. You can expect much longer durability from it and the shine is outstanding I'm going on 1 year 5 months of protection from Body Wrap now and it's driving me nuts not being able to seal my truck, but I want to see just how long it will go! Been through 2 nasty winters and lives outside... still going...

- Jesse
Köszönöm Jesse . Thank You for the answer. When i strip Colli in june i will try the Body Wrap in conjunction with the Nano QD. I heard a lot of good things about the Body Wrap. My good friend of mine (detailingworld nick: chch) has it, and told me a lot of good things (only good) about it
The Following User Says Thank You to GeRoY For This Useful Post:
JBirchy (24-04-2012)
Old 24-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
JBirchy
Distinguished Detailer

Ahh your friend is Kris!

He will know how good it is then. As Jesse said, WP-1N and Omega pad is perfect for cleaning your paint. The polish is so nice and oily it will jewel for a very long period of time, hardly removing any clearcoat but giving an immense glossy finish!

Get some Body Wrap on it, it loves perfectly prepared paint!
Old 24-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #9
GeRoY
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Ahh your friend is Kris!

He will know how good it is then. As Jesse said, WP-1N and Omega pad is perfect for cleaning your paint. The polish is so nice and oily it will jewel for a very long period of time, hardly removing any clearcoat but giving an immense glossy finish!

Get some Body Wrap on it, it loves perfectly prepared paint!
Yes, i was talking about Kris . Thanks for the advice and for the help guys. I will try out the Body Wrap .
Oh, and a last question.
Is the Body Wrap scratch/marring resistant at some degree/level?
I know it will not resist the heavy scratches... but it resists wash marring? Thanks

And sorry for my english
Old 26-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #10
GeRoY
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeRoY View Post
Yes, i was talking about Kris . Thanks for the advice and for the help guys. I will try out the Body Wrap .
Oh, and a last question.
Is the Body Wrap scratch/marring resistant at some degree/level?
I know it will not resist the heavy scratches... but it resists wash marring? Thanks

And sorry for my english
Somebody can explain me my question please?

Thanks in advance