Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Kranzle
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
Kranzle
Kranzle UK

The ask Kranzle questions thread

Any questions you may have about anything Kranzle related that can’t be found in a FAQ’s section, here is a good place to ask them.
Kranzle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kranzle For This Useful Post:
-Kev- (04-12-2013), sm81 (23-04-2014), WHIZZER (04-12-2013)
Old 03-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
Karl woods
Orbital Oracle

Total stop conversion .

Hello and welcome to DW

My question's are regarding a total stop conversion for my HD 7/120
S/No. FW-01409689. 06-11

1 . Can I purchase a kit and fit myself ?
2 . Are fitting instructions included with the kits , if not where could I get info ?
3 . Are there any detremental effects on service life from the conversion ?

Thanks
Karl
Karl woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
Kranzle
Kranzle UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl woods View Post
Hello and welcome to DW

My question's are regarding a total stop conversion for my HD 7/120
S/No. FW-01409689. 06-11

1 . Can I purchase a kit and fit myself ?
2 . Are fitting instructions included with the kits , if not where could I get info ?
3 . Are there any detremental effects on service life from the conversion ?

Thanks
Karl
Hi Karl,
Most 7/120 or 10/120 machines out there can be converted to a total stop system, only the very first ones cant and now also the 122 models. To be sure yours can, have a look at your brass pump head (or take a picture for me to see) the attached image below shows the section of pump head that houses the pressure switch.

This next image shows one that can not be converted without replacing the pump head completely.

Providing your pump looks like the first shown then conversion is possible.
1. We supply this kit to our dealers and one could sell it on to you but I would recommend sending the machine off to have the work done.
2. The process is simple enough but unless carried out by a recommended service centre this modification could lead to voiding your warranty, so again I recommend sending off your machine.
3. The ‘portable series’ machine (7 or 10 120/122) are designed to be compact and a machine on the move, this means no where to put your gun, lance or hose and very often run on generators or invertors. For this reason the pressure switch is not fitted, turning on the machine draws a large spike in current so in effect switching on and off the machine every time you squeeze and release the trigger would work the generator or invertors harder. Once the machine has been switched on it can be left ‘idling’ for a long duration, no need to switch it off while foam is dwelling for example. If the machine is simple ‘plugged in the wall’ the only downside if you like is one other service item with a few O rings. It saves electricity, is totally silent if you stop to answer your phone or partner called out to you and it also reduces a small amount of wear to service items.

This image shows the blanking plug that would be removed and the pressure switch that would replace it.

And finally the new pressure switch would just be wired into the electric circuit.

Any other questions, just ask away.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
Karl woods
Orbital Oracle

Thank you for your detailed reply .
I have just looked at mine and it has the extra part on the pump so good to convert .
I'll get one ordered from my local agent .
Presumably all distributors will know where to put the two wires .

Thanks
Karl
Karl woods is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Karl woods For This Useful Post:
Kranzle (04-12-2013)
Old 04-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #5
WhenIwake
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Sorry to jump in haha. But are you guys saying that the newer K7/10 122's cannot have the auto start/stop retrofitted?
Not that it affects me (quite happy with my K7 running away), just want to clarify.
WhenIwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #6
Kranzle
Kranzle UK

The short answer would be no, they can’t.
The /122 machines do now have ‘easy start’ fitted. The easy start means the Kranzle machine can be switched on and off to your hearts content without the trigger being squeezed. Assuming you are no longer using the machine I would assume you are also going to put down the gun and lance/foam lance. You could to keep them safe put them next to the machine and switch it off at the same time, saves them getting trod on or kicked over. Then before you pick them up, switch the machine back on. This is assuming you want/need the machine to turn off. As I mentioned your Kranzle machine will continue running no problem, the system works similar to a manual car and that when you release (close) the trigger it’s in neutral just ticking over. The ‘engine’ is running but is disengaged. New cars have stop start technology but not to stop the engine overheating or anything, just to save energy and be a little more ‘green’. Other machines in the Kranzle range (1152 and up) do all have pressure switches, but these are not designed specifically with a mobile set-up in mind.

With that said, the pump head/valve casing used on the 1152 is in effect the same as the 122 but with the extra pressure switch. If you exchanged/replaced the pumphead on the 122 for the one from the 1152 then the pressure switch could be fitted, but this would be costly and for little gain when the 122 really does not need to switch each time you release the trigger gun and does have an on/off switch.
Hope that helps clear things up
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kranzle For This Useful Post:
HairyMonster (16-02-2014), WhenIwake (04-12-2013)
Old 04-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #7
motorhome
Unwashed Member

I have a Kranzle HD 7/120 and after changing two lots of seals I still get water mixing in with the oil. At £50+ for a seal set I'm rapidly loosing faith
motorhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
srod
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

You often get the oil looking milky which I understand is perfectly fine. I think it is caused by condensation. My old HD 7/120 did that for as long as I had it and it never suffered any kind of mishap.
srod is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to srod For This Useful Post:
Kranzle (05-12-2013)
Old 04-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #9
motorhome
Unwashed Member

Thanks for the quick reply, this is more than condensationthe oil looks more like milk
motorhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #10
andystevens
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhome View Post
I have a Kranzle HD 7/120 and after changing two lots of seals I still get water mixing in with the oil. At £50+ for a seal set I'm rapidly loosing faith
Pretty sure that was one of the many failings I had, sure that was done at least twice then to add the damn thing kept running when you wern't using the trigger was not only annoying but caused extra wear on the components that didn't last long anyway.
andystevens is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andystevens For This Useful Post:
wildwash (05-12-2013)

Tags
kranzle