Detailing World Forum banner

Another day another S3

4K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Slick 77 
#1 · (Edited)
The second S3 in as many days.

And with the weather being decidely iffy i got straight on with it

On arrival

The owner had pointed out several areas of the car that had seen the bodyshop, which included the bonnet, which tbh had one of worst paint jobs i had ever seen!

Tried to capture it with the camera, basically the paint was very flat with some weird hazy patches

So any way as usual wheels cleaned up, car foamed

Rinsed then washed using TBM & DG shampoo

Clayed with DG Duraclay

The paint inspected
Apart from the mental reading from the resprayed areas (offside rear wing & door, & bonnet) the rest was showing a pretty normal average of around 110.

You just about make out the weird paint on the bonnet

Paint wasn't to swirly but had a fair few deeper RDS from arguments with bushes

So taped up and did a test area on the bonnet first as this was the area that need most work, to try and get some shine and deep back into it.

Usual suspects of 3.02 & polishing pad didn't really do alot, so stepped up to a burgundy pad and prometheus 205CC (same as menz PG) even this took some working to get any improvent, was tempted to bring out the wool pad at one stage! But i stuck at it and after a few sets i was finally making inroads. Followed up with FA on a finishing pad to refine the finish.

50/50 on the bonnet

And the bonnet went from this

to this

Rest of the car only needed 3.02 and a polishing pad (thank god!)

Front wing before

After spot the stonechip repair :rolleyes: not mine i hasten to add!

Few brinkmann shots

All machine work finish, car was HDC'd and finished with one the unmentionable companies waxes :rolleyes::p

Tyres and arches dressed with DG tyre foam, all other trim with fore mentioned wax

Just finished buffing the last panel when the heavens opened! so no decent finished car shots, some nice beading though

Cheers
Bryan :thumb:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.