Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > The Official DetailingWorld™ Review Section > LSP
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17-01-2017, 12:35 AM   #1
Pittsy
DW Reviewer

Thanked 3,502 Times in 2,092 Posts
Garage
Detailingworld™ Review - Garry Deans Vitality Shield

Detailingworld™ Review - Garry Deans Vitality Shield

Submitted on behalf of Luke M

Introduction:
Vitality Shield is just one of a full product line from Garry Dean's. Garry Dean himself is a detailer from across the pond who in 2010 started to market his own range of products. The range has gained popularity and is now available in the UK from In2detailing.

The Product:

I cannot comment on the packaging of the full size bottles as I took advantage of the recent group buy for the smaller sample sizes.
These were however delivered very promptly, well packaged and in good order.

What the manufacturer says:

Garry Dean's Vitality Shield - 16oz
This Hard Shell Polymer Coating contains high tech, cross linking polymers, that will harden and cure inside the pores of the surface it is applied to, creating a hard polymer shell that significantly increases the surface tension, reducing the amount of contaminates that will bond to the surface. The hard shell and increased surface tension this coating creates will resist minor wash induced marring, provide massive amounts of gloss, yield amazing slickness, and fantastic protection from the elements.

Directions: Shake well before using. Wash and dry surface to be applied to first. Always clay bar surface to remove contaminants prior to applying this coating. To get the most out of this coating, make sure the surface is free of other wax and polishing oils. Apply a thin, even coat with a dual action polisher on a red, non-abrasive applicator pad. If you must apply by hand, use a foam applicator and spread as thin as possible. When using after Infinite Use Detail Juice, or The Perfect Soap, no additional prep is needed. Apply product to paint, chrome, lenses, and glass. Allow to dry to a haze, then wipe off with a clean microfiber cloth. Can be applied in direct sunlight. Allow a minimum of two hours between layers. It should take around 1 cap full of product to coat an average sized sedan.

The Method:

So as instructed I washed and clayed the surface.
The product itself was your typical sealant type of consistency. I applied a small amount to the applicator and set to it.

Initial impressions were that it seemed to spread forever. I didn't get any feeling from the pad that I had to reapply product and that was after doing the wing and both doors.

The product hazed up after approximately one cup of tea.
A quick swipe showed it was ready to come off.

Removal was an absolute breeze. No effort or pressure required and there was certainly no dust or residue.

The finish as I removed it was very sharp. Incredibly reflective for any lsp really.

The water behaviour was good too. It did bead like a wax and sheeted off well with free flowing water.

Price:

These are priced at £49.99 for the 16fl.oz (473ml) bottle and £6.95 for the 50ml sample.
They can be purchased here:

http://www.in2detailing.co.uk/garry-...ield-16oz.html
Would I use it again?:

Yes I would. I still have a lot left from the sample size and there were no negatives I could draw from use or finish that would deter me from using it again.

Conclusion:

In summary there is a lot to like here, The product is beyond easy to use and gives an exceptional finish. The durability itself is supposed to be quite high and that is as a standalone product. I do say in my video review that it requires topping up with Juice Boost and although this will add to the protection, Gary Dean himself has said that it is not required but can be used all the same. I did find it a nice touch that although on here we all know and respect Imran for the service he gives that the manufacturer also reached out to offer clarity on the products too.

The thing which may stand out to you is the price of a full bottle. I say that because it stood out to me too. Having used the product I can tell you that a full size bottle will go a hell of a long way and if durability is as claimed then i feel this is good value for money. The sample sizes that you can buy are also a great way to whet your appetite if you dont want to jump in the deep end.
Remember also that as these are imported by In2detailing that if we buy and support the range then quantities purchased can be increased and in turn the price will decrease if it can get to a reasonable volume.

Got to be worth trying in my opinion.

"Detailingworld™ reviewer has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "