Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > The Official DetailingWorld™ Review Section > Tools / Towels / Other
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2017, 04:39 AM   #1
Pittsy
DW Reviewer

Thanked 3,532 Times in 2,100 Posts
Garage
Detailingworld™ Lite Review - Fecks Philosophy Handy Wax Applicators

Detailingworld™ Lite Review - Fecks Philosophy Handy Wax Applicators

1st up thank you to Markus at Fecks Philosophy for sending out some new wax applicators to try.

Wax applicators are a funny old business and different people can demand different things from them, I am guessing this is down to hand size or technique possibly but when you are waxing you really need something that is comfortable to use so you don't find your hand cramping up so lets see what Fecks have to offer.

Fecks Philosphy say:

These handy wax applicators are an essential part of any detailer’s kit.
They are a pleasure to use due to the handy grip and can be stored in the top of the wax pot so that you never contaminate your applicator or detailing kit. They are perfect for the application of car waxes and conveniently fit into most wax pots. Applicator diameter: 75mm, height: 45mm.
Sold in a pack of two.
Made in England

So they come in a pack of 2 and are a pleasure to use

How do they Perform?:

The applicators arrived in a neat little bag with the rather smart Fecks logo on the label, not much in the way of other information but its a wax applicator so what can go wrong. They are either dark greay in colour or black, maybe my eyes are failing me a bit but I couldn't decide.

Was doing a bit of waxing on the Mini so thought it would be an ideal opportunity to try them out.

The size as you can see is spot on, they fit inside a 200ml pot with ease and measuring them up against a 100ml pot it looks like it would be a good snug fit.

The flat surface of the applicator led to an even coverage of the application surface and the smaller size allowed the applicator to be turned inside the pot with ease.

Application was easy enough as you hold the shaped top section of the applicator and apply gentle pressure to spread the wax.

The flat surface also allowed for really even coverage with its smaller size enabling it to get into smaller areas.

I will say though that 1/2 through each panel I found my hands getting a but cramped up because the sponge felt a bit too soft and the bit you hold bunched up more than I would like.

Conclusion:

Very nice Wax applicators which will fit a variety of pots with ease, super smooth application and they really felt great to use, the only let down for me was that the foam was too soft on the top bit of the applicator which meant it bunched up a bit and became uncomfortable but obviously that might just be because I am ham fisted

Price:

£4.50 for a pair at the moment and are availble from here: http://www.fecksphilosophy.com/produ...x-applicators/ and at £2.25 each it makes them a bit of a bargain

And obviously no review would be complete without the obligatory side and beading shot

"Detailingworld™ reviewer has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "