Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Eco Friendly Detailing
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Eco Friendly Detailing Talk About all your Eco Products here - Waterless wash / Steam cleaning etc

Old 21-04-2017, 10:31 AM   #11
GleemSpray
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,379 Times in 1,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpikle View Post
...when I win I'll have a team of people doing that crap for me and they can use whatever the hell they like
"We cleaned the windows as instructed Sir, and also cleaned your car as a nice surprise"....

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
GleemSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GleemSpray For This Useful Post:
Bigpikle (21-04-2017), streaky (20-05-2017)
Old 19-05-2017, 08:35 AM   #12
Bigpikle
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,868 Times in 1,873 Posts
Just to add to this thread again, I've been working on my ONR technique again as summer approaches. With a little focus again I've managed to ensure I can safely wash either of my cars with < 1 gallon (3.78L) of ONR solution. Thats easy on the Fiesta but take a little more thinking when its the Superb estate - but still very possible when the car isnt thick with mud/salt etc.

Anyway, what I have ended up doing is using the remaining wash solution to clean the wheels/arches/lower sills at the start of the next wash. What is great about ONR is that all the dirt will come out of the solution if you leave it for a little while, so you have some pretty clean wash solution that is perfect for wheels or lower sills etc. Then chuck it on the garden and mix up a fresh gallon for the main bodywork.
Bigpikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 08:54 AM   #13
Bikeracer
Washmitt Meister

I just added a gallon of wash solution to what I had left after doing two washes and did another wash and I'll do one more wash before throwing what's left away,the mitt still has no stains and the wash solution looks the same as when I started.

So that'll be four washes from three capfuls of ONR.

Allan
Bikeracer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bikeracer For This Useful Post:
Bigpikle (20-05-2017), firehorse (01-06-2017)
Old 20-05-2017, 01:43 PM   #14
Bigpikle
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,868 Times in 1,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeracer View Post
I just added a gallon of wash solution to what I had left after doing two washes and did another wash and I'll do one more wash before throwing what's left away,the mitt still has no stains and the wash solution looks the same as when I started.

So that'll be four washes from three capfuls of ONR.

Allan
I love it when people start to work smarter with products - why do so many people fill huge buckets with expensive shampoo mix, slosh it everywhere and chuck the remnants, only to do it all again next time. With a little thought and care I bet there are many products that could be used far more creatively and save cost and waste.

I went out to give the Fiesta a quick wash and there was about 1/2 gallon of ONR mix and all the muck has sunk and stuck to the bottom of the bucket, so the solution was clean. It was easy to just pour it off and use t again and leave all the muck residue on the first bucket. Job done!
Bigpikle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigpikle For This Useful Post:
firehorse (01-06-2017)