Detailing World Forum banner

Sonax Profiline Polymer NetShield and PROFILINE BrilliantShine Detailer

19K views 50 replies 22 participants last post by  Sheep 
#1 ·
Hi,
Long time since I have been active here on the forum :wave:

I have just ordered a new Skoda Octavia vRS in Moonlight White (yeah, I know it is a "typical color", but I like it :argie: ). My last cars have been in various colors, so I have a quite nice collections of different waxes, but now I am looking for a sealant giving me that crisp and clear finish that will suit the metallic white paint.

After some reading, I have decided to try the PNS - I will also buy some QD, so my question is; will the BrilliantShine detailer react with PNS in any way? I assume not, but I am planning on buying the 5 litre can, so nice to be on the safe side :)

Also, if someone have any bad experiences with PNS and white paint, please inform me :)

Cheers!
Kristoffer

#10 ·
I'm going on the description on the In2Detailing page http://www.in2detailing.co.uk/sonax-xtreme-machine-polish-hybrid-npt-250ml-tube.html

SONAX Xtreme Machine Polish Hybrid NPT*- 250ml Tube
Is a universally applicable special polish for use with a polishing machine.

<snip>

The SONAX Hybrid Net Protection Technology contained in the product, provides the paintwork surface with a perfect surface for applying other sonax sealants
It sounds like it does for PNS what a "normal" paint cleaner does for a wax?

#25 ·
I have bsd 5l can. I bought it as a qd and sometimes as a spray sealant. I m interested to buy sonax pns, but am reluctant coz of its compatibility. I have prima amigo. I will to use over it. I am not overobssessive with its durability. So I can bear to reuse it if it fades away quicker than expected. I am to ask is that would any glazing products beneath pns affects properties of pns apart frm durability? And what other products could be used under pns?? I find very less info regarding this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

#30 ·
I know it's slightly different from PNS but SONAX Xtreme Protect & Shine Hybrid NPT + BSD is my go to sealant for winter/long term protection.

Last winter, other than build-up of tar spots, there was almost no drop-off in performance when using the two products together. They really are great products.

I applied NPT to my in-laws cars back in April and they've had nothing other than a basic wash with unknown shampoo since. You can still see rain beading well on the surface.

#31 ·
Just cleaned the paint on my car (fall out remover, TARDIS and Vertua Bond), them 3M panel wipe. After that, I put on two layers of PNS. PNS directly on sponge applicator, 40*40cm of areas, then remove product immediately. Found the PNS to be alright to work with, no MG21, but still ok :)

The white paint looks stunning, and I cannot wait to see the beading :)

Very pleased with the product and the end results!

#33 ·
I just wanted to resurrect this thread to highlight Polymer NetShield, which doesn't seem to get mentioned much.
I applied it for the first time last week, and come the first wash this week I could not believe how hydrophobic it was. I'm a regular user of BSD so am used to great beading and sheeting from that, but this stuff was next level.
I hand polished the panels to give it a clean base, and then one panel at a time, applied using a microfibre pad, then buffed off almost immediately. It's grabby like BSD, so be prepared.
As someone upthread mentioned, it's like BSD on steroids. Believe it!

#37 ·
@atbalfour That's interesting. I did prewash as normal with pump sprayer applied AutoFoam at 4% PIR and you could see the PNS repelling the AF. Rinsing later is where I saw the water behaviour. Time will tell I guess, although I top up weekly with BSD as a drying aid, so maybe not :)

@galamaa What recent spray would you suggest that would be a significant step up from PNS. Judging by the repellency I saw yesterday it would need to be something I haven't seen, or a high end coating (Which is not an option for me).

#42 ·
If you use pns and bsd, then I suggest to use different prewash product. Autofoam kill pns and bsd pretty fast. I use here in Estonia Polar hp shampoo (cleaning properties is same like autifoam or even better, but significant different after rinsing. Autofoam side dead, but Polar side is crazy hydrophobic. If I test the each other-then I saw, that autofoam left behind something and polar nope. I must make some photus or video to understand me.

#38 · (Edited)
@blurb i think galamaa is trying to say its good to go back to some good products.

I remember PNS. It had a nice darkening effect on my blue car has well. Its a stellar product really IMO/E especially for ease of use and price. Honestly say i never got along with BSD. lol And then i accidentally froze it. Shortly, after me and my father put it on his car and it was shot. I was letdown. :) All my own fault of course but i had to throw over 80% of BSD down the drain. So i really never got to see what it could do but it was a pain to use compared to PNS which is super easy IME.

PNS is most definitely on my would buy again list which is short. It worked pretty good on rims too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.