Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > The Official DetailingWorld™ Review Section > Shampoo
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21-10-2017, 10:34 PM   #1
cossiecol
Moderator & Reviewer

Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,678 Posts
Detailingworld™ Lite Review -Illuminate Car Care Shampoo

Firstly thanks goes to the team at Illuminate Car Care for sending the shampoo out to review.

About Illuminate Car Care:
"Illuminate Car Care was founded in 2015 and launched in 2017 after 2 years of research and development.

Here at Illuminate Car Care we always set our targets high, as we only want to deliver the very best products to the market. Partner that with our passion for customer service, you are sure to get the best products available, with no fuss or hassle. Ranging from shampoos to sealants, with products always being added to the range.

We launched to the public on 22nd September 2017."

The Product:
The shampoo arrived well packed and in a good quality bottle, there was no label on the bottle or on the site (at the time of writing) and the word "shampoo" written on the bottle. It's simple, to the point and lets you know that it's, well...shampoo. It had a scent resembling strawberries, however once diluted in the wash bucket the scent was much better.

What Illuminate Say?
"Our shampoo gives the surface a unique lubrication, which allows dirt to glide along the surface, allowing a scratch and swirl free wash. Although gentle on the paintwork, this pH balanced shampoo cuts through even the toughest of dirt. After being rinsed off you are left with a beautiful finish."

The Use:
The test subject for this review was the good lady's Kia Venga which had not been touched in seven weeks!
There was no details on the site for usage I went with 30ml for the review, I figured with winter approaching the level of dirt on the car would only get worse.

The shampoo generated an absolute tonne of suds, most of the wash bucket in the picture below was suds and I had to add additional water before use!

After topped up the water/removed some suds I loaded up the wash mitt and went to work. I was keen to see how the shampoo performed.

The suds to paint transfer was hard to beat and the wash mitt glided over the paint with ease.

When finished I gave the car a good rinse down and admired the results. I have no idea if there are any gloss enhancers in the shampoo but the results were pretty good.

Price:
The shampoo is available from Illuminate and prices are excluding p&p and any discounts available:
250ml £4.29
500ml £7.49
1ltr £11.99

When considering that 15ml will be a good maintenance amount to use this represents good value for money.

Would I use this again?
Yes

Cossie's verdict?:
A good, cheap shampoo which smells good (when diluted), there are shampoo's costing more which perform below this one on the market today, worth a punt if you're looking for a new one.

Anything I would change?:
Perhaps it was the sample bottle but I would have preferred to have a label on the bottle, even if it simply stated "shampoo"

Thanks for reading, as usual if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers

Cossiecol

"DW has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "