Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-11-2017, 03:01 PM   #1191
Croques
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 101
Thanks: 6
Thanked 34 Times in 26 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentum View Post
£8.08 and no postage from here:

http://www.cheapeststore.top/light-b...n-p-10782.html

I've just ordered so not received yet, but will keep you posted.

Also for those on the Continent or going there on hols - Bricoshop (a French B&Q type chain) is selling a suitable generic 12v rechargeable drill for €19.00.

Peter
If you enter credit card details on this site they are not secure. I
Croques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2017, 07:04 PM   #1192
Fentum
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,254
Thanks: 1,013
Thanked 1,455 Times in 840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croques View Post
If you enter credit card details on this site they are not secure. I
Thanks for the reminder.

No problem with my card since, but the thing never turned up.

Peter
Fentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:32 AM   #1193
Itstony
Washmitt Meister
 
Itstony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Spain or London.
Posts: 152
Thanks: 47
Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts
Thread seems to have died, looks like the bulb issue has hurt?
Just wondered if anyone tried the 20w or 50W 4700K instead of the 35W rip-off cost now?
Itstony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:22 AM   #1194
valve5425
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 7
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstony View Post
Thread seems to have died, looks like the bulb issue has hurt?
Just wondered if anyone tried the 20w or 50W 4700K instead of the 35W rip-off cost now?
I bought a couple of these. https://www.thelightbulbshop.co.uk/Decostar51CoolBlue

I've not used the sun gun/bulb, so I've nothing to compare them to, but they do show up the swirls. Just probably not as effective as the correct bulb. They're cheap enough to try though, and might be good enough for what you want.
valve5425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 10:32 AM   #1195
Itstony
Washmitt Meister
 
Itstony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Spain or London.
Posts: 152
Thanks: 47
Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valve5425 View Post
I bought a couple of these. https://www.thelightbulbshop.co.uk/Decostar51CoolBlue

I've not used the sun gun/bulb, so I've nothing to compare them to, but they do show up the swirls. Just probably not as effective as the correct bulb. They're cheap enough to try though, and might be good enough for what you want.
I found a few 4700k 50w which is neutral, but obviously all got wise and upped the price on 35w. I will try the 50w and it may not be as good, but a tupny-apeny rigup it must worth it.
Hard to argue it wont be when most wouldn't shell out for the real deal at £300+.
Be good to hear if others did the same though.
Itstony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 03:09 PM   #1196
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed
 
steelghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockport
Posts: 5,483
Thanks: 1,994
Thanked 2,766 Times in 2,069 Posts
Garage
Worth a mention - this is still a thing you can buy, and it's brutal at showing up imperfections in paint. It's also built like a tank, and a seriously good flashlight, as well as a very effective lantern when coupled with one of these.

It's not as cheap as a DIY sun gun but I'd argue it's better at paint inspection, and much more useful otherwise....
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:15 PM   #1197
Itstony
Washmitt Meister
 
Itstony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Spain or London.
Posts: 152
Thanks: 47
Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
Worth a mention - this is still a thing you can buy, and it's brutal at showing up imperfections in paint. It's also built like a tank, and a seriously good flashlight, as well as a very effective lantern when coupled with one of these.

It's not as cheap as a DIY sun gun but I'd argue it's better at paint inspection, and much more useful otherwise....
Thanks for taking time to reply.
Looks a very good torch indeed. Accepting your views, it does not look so expensive and has other practical uses.
The only caveat for me was/is it is not rechargeable item. There are others that are on that site, did you look at those?.
Itstony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:41 PM   #1198
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed
 
steelghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockport
Posts: 5,483
Thanks: 1,994
Thanked 2,766 Times in 2,069 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstony View Post
Thanks for taking time to reply.
Looks a very good torch indeed. Accepting your views, it does not look so expensive and has other practical uses.
The only caveat for me was/is it is not rechargeable item. There are others that are on that site, did you look at those?.
Whilst it is not itself rechargeable, the battery life from a set of 4xAA NiMH batteries is very good, plus you can always buy alkaline AAs in any random corner shop in a pinch.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:51 PM   #1199
huxley309
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 292
Thanks: 191
Thanked 90 Times in 77 Posts
Blf Q8, variable brightness levels 5k lumens good for outdoor use.

https://www.banggood.com/BLF-Q8-4x-X...r_warehouse=CN

But usually it's my Nebo Big Larry

https://www.screwfix.com/p/nebo-nb63...h-3-x-aa/9205v

Last edited by huxley309; 12-02-2018 at 07:54 PM.
huxley309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 07:57 PM   #1200
Itstony
Washmitt Meister
 
Itstony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Spain or London.
Posts: 152
Thanks: 47
Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts
[QUOTE=huxley309;5434956]Blf Q8, variable brightness levels 5k lumens good for outdoor use.

https://www.banggood.com/BLF-Q8-4x-X...r_warehouse=CN/QUOTE]

Can you say if you use this for paint inspection and how you rate it? Clearly it can do lots more.
The light temperature is good, bulb reflector is not smooth though. Large bulb head which is good.
Looks promising, will see what you can say about using it., might then order one.
Its not bundles for sure.

Last edited by Itstony; 14-02-2018 at 08:05 PM.
Itstony is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors