Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Newbies, Rules & Announcements > The Daily News Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Daily News Zone Want to keep up with whats happening in the Automotive industry - Check back here daily.

Old 20-12-2017, 08:48 AM   #1
T-Cut King (admin)
Thanked 16,571 Times in 6,081 Posts
Car News -2019 Jeep Cherokee

Jeep has released the first batch of images of the refreshed 2019 Jeep Cherokee, which will be making its live debut next month at the Detroit Auto Show. First things first: that weird front-end is gone, replaced with a more conservative, yet still aggressive look that reminds us of the larger Grand Cherokee's styling. We’re probably not alone in welcoming the change. Out back, there are some minor changes in the fascia and taillights.

Details are scarce at the moment from Jeep, but it claims the updated Cherokee has a more premium design inside and out, and will be more efficient than the outgoing model. We previously learned that, aside from the new face, the 2019 Cherokee will receive the 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that’s good for 270 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque, at least in the new Wrangler. This turbocharged engine will be the new range topper and that’s not a bad thing. Currently, a 3.2-liter V6 is the most powerful engine offered. Compare the power specs and you’ll discover the turbo four has an additional 56 lb-ft of torque.

The base engine will likely continue to be the 2.4-liter four-cylinder with 184 hp and 174 lb-ft. There’s only a single interior image for now, but we like what we see. Of course what you’re looking at is the top-of-the-line trim, complete with leather and all other bells and whistles. Jeep tells us it’ll release additional images and full details on January 16, the day the 2019 Cherokee has its live debut in the Motor City.

source Carbuzz
WHIZZER is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WHIZZER For This Useful Post:
ted11 (20-12-2017)
Old 20-12-2017, 09:32 AM   #2
Sponge Jockey
Yes significant improvement over the previous generation!

Loving the look of the new 2018 Wrangler...that's the one I'd go for.
manmaths31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 09:44 AM   #3
Sponge Jockey
Yes I quite like it but would prefer larger rear windows instead of the quarter light size so common these days - am I the only one who still looks over their shoulder while reversing.
I've had two Cherokees and one Grand Cherokee in the past and loved them but I was disappointed that, despite the rugged credentials, they were not a match for the roads of Sheffield.
Tykebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 10:13 AM   #4
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
Looks nicer in the so let than the red
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 11:09 AM   #5
Orbital Oracle
The interior (front dashboard) reminds me a bit of the Hyundai.. outside it's a lot better then the old model
shabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 11:23 AM   #6
I'm really liking the Jeep range at the moment. They are making some good looking motors
davies20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 11:51 PM   #7
Let's hope the reliability is also improved! I've driven them off road and am always accompanied with a variety of warning lights and bits falling off. Dealers seem consigned to the fact that build quality is appallingly bad.
Bulkhead is offline   Reply With Quote