Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Gaming Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Gaming Zone Console Gaming, On Line Gaming in fact Electronic Gaming Lets be having you in here...

Old 03-06-2017, 03:43 PM   #11
HITMANVW
PC Perfectionist

Tried VR yesterday at the PS stall set up at the Champions League festival. Tried the Headmaster game which is simply heading a football at targets with points on them and I also tried a 30 min demo on Farpoint, which is a alien FPS shooter. The football game was pretty decent and even though I wear glasses, didn't notice any hinderance to my VR experience or any discomfort from the headband on my glasses. Farpoint was a cool game but you do need to mentally prepare your legs to stay still. Though I was able to stay rooted to my spot, plenty of people before and after me were stepping back and forth and bumping into the walls around them (there was enough space for the player to take 2 paces all around them before hitting a wall or the docking station with the console and TV screen locked away). The PS Events staff were useless in helping people getting set up and giving advice on how to use the VR equipment.

I should add I did not feel any motion sickness after playing either of the two games mentioned and I occasionally get car sickness when sitting on the backseats.

I wasn't even thinking about buying VR before yesterday but now I'm keeping my eye out for any good deals, although a PS4 Pro and 4K TV are higher up on my list.

PS. Cannot wait for GT Sport to come out. A lap around the Nurburgring on that in a Golf GTI was brilliant fun.
HITMANVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:59 PM   #12
Starbuck88
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,643 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_89 View Post
First off I'm an Xbox guy so don't judge by my feelings,
One of my mates had the VR at launch I went round and had a go and I was instantly sick and dizzy, kind of motion sickness,
Driveclub VR was the absolute worst, my eyes were pulling out of my head when I took the headset off after 10 mins, didn't know where I was,
Felt terrible for hours after that,
He agreed the same but not to my extent,
In the end after a few weeks he returned it to amazon for a full refund,
Don't get me wrong they're the future for sure but ther just isn't all that many dedicated games for it just yet, they're all VR Experiences,
Considering it's been almost a year since it's release, things and games haven't really moved on from what they were at launch,
I know comparing a google cardboard for a tenner isn't the best thing to be saying but maybe try one of them first before laying out £350 to see if your lad can get on with it,
In the end VR on psvr and VR on google cardboard is basically the same aspect but the resolution and quality is far more superior,
I found the google cardboard to give me sickness after 5 mins and thought the psvr would be different but it really isn't,
Just something to try before splashing out,
If you suffer from motion sickness then this deffo isn't for you, as I found out myself,
My input anyway.
In my previous post where I mentioned I spent an evening in one, I played Drive Club, some other small games and the Batman game all the way through. I was fine.
Starbuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 11:55 AM   #13
LeadFarmer

Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,051 Posts
Garage
I bought a VR bundle with Move and Camera the other day, but its going away till Christmas for my lad.

We both went to the EGX gaming exhibition at the NEC yesterday (which was excellent) and both my son and myself had a go on the VR at the Playstation stand, with mixed reactions..

I played Sly Rim and the game looked truly awful, with the graphics looking no better than a Spectrum 48k. Maybe I didn't have my headset on correctly? To move my character forward I had to place a marker on the ground and my character would then kind of teleport to that point, a very un-natural experience, and one that felt cheap.

My son played Grand Turismo and he said the VR was absolutely amazing, he couldn't get over how amazing it was.

Last edited by LeadFarmer; 24-09-2017 at 11:57 AM.
LeadFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2017, 12:34 AM   #14
ollienoclue

VR is going to be a serious game changer for the gaming world, make no mistake.

The technology is currently quite pricey but it will improve over time.

Before long you will never play a game on a monitor ever again.
ollienoclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2017, 10:42 AM   #15
uggski
PC Perfectionist

A friend got one yesterday and we spent the evening setting it up. Took awhile but pretty straight forward with everything numbered.

Played a few games which were pretty good. Tried a game called Luge. I couldn't stand up. Every time I hit the side of the road I almost fell over. Didn't feel too bad after but it did give me a very slight sort of motion sickness. He tried it and was ok playing but got violently ill afterwards. He actually burst some blood vessels he was so ill.He was still feeling it this morning.
uggski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2017, 10:13 AM   #16
LeadFarmer

Garage
Playstation VR 2 has been announced. No release dates for UK yet. Supposed to have fixed the bugs in the original.
Old 28-12-2017, 07:54 PM   #17
LeadFarmer

Garage
Had a quick go on th VR we gave our lad for Xmas. Played Rush of Blood and it was great. My lad absolutely loves his VR. Also got him the VR Aim Controller with Farpoint.

Got a few other games we haven't tried yet, including Resident Evil which should be good. Im looking forward to the forthcoming Ace Combat 7 on the VR

The Following User Says Thank You to LeadFarmer For This Useful Post:
tmitch45 (01-01-2018)