Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General > Detailing Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Detailing Chat Got a detailing related question that doesn't fit in any other section? Post it in here.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:48 AM   #1
Scott_Paterson
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Polish Angel

Guys, was looking to start up a decent thread for Polish Angel products. I have been looking to get some things to try out and been looking into reviews etc but not much comes up for the brand at all.

What's people take on the products and how have you guys been getting on with any you might have used of currently using?

Is it worth trying master sealant or cosmic as a beginner into coatings or try si02 such as gyeon or cquartz.
Any help and Info would be great to help myself and hopefully others looking into the brand

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Scott_Paterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:53 AM   #2
budgetplan1
Unwashed Member

Go here: https://www.autopia.org/

Search for posts by: 512Detail

Polish Angel junkie, has used mist of their stuff to great effect.
budgetplan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to budgetplan1 For This Useful Post:
Scott_Paterson (03-01-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 02:00 PM   #3
ENEP
Sponge Jockey

I've done a few cars with Master sealant.
Easy to work with, much like a wax. Just spread thinly by hand or machine, let cure and wipe of.
Master Sealant gives a nice glossy finish, beads and sheets okay but nothing crazy. I could still see the effect of it 9 months after application on my car used for commuting 150 km / day.

Really easy to work with comparing to ceramic sealants which do demand a bit more work and precision. Check some videos on youtube regarding ceramic application. If you feel you're up for it then do ceramic instead.
ENEP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ENEP For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2018, 02:04 PM   #4
Scott_Paterson
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENEP View Post
I've done a few cars with Master sealant.
Easy to work with, much like a wax. Just spread thinly by hand or machine, let cure and wipe of.
Master Sealant gives a nice glossy finish, beads and sheets okay but nothing crazy. I could still see the effect of it 9 months after application on my car used for commuting 150 km / day.

Really easy to work with comparing to ceramic sealants which do demand a bit more work and precision. Check some videos on youtube regarding ceramic application. If you feel you're up for it then do ceramic instead.
Does sound good, I like to play around with products so might be a good idea as ceramics last longer and would be less likely to need re done as much.
Did you top master sealant with anything from PA?

Old 03-01-2018, 02:17 PM   #5
ENEP
Sponge Jockey

PA has their Escalate Lotion to be used as a primer/light polish. Don't know if they have something as a topper.

I didn't use neither in any case. Just a good polish and wipe of with IPA twice.
Oh, and i only laid down one layer. Recommended is two layers i believe.
ENEP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ENEP For This Useful Post:
Scott_Paterson (04-01-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 04:37 PM   #6
ronwash
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,309 Times in 1,121 Posts
Garage
I worked with almost the whole range,fantastic products.

Id gladly choose cosmic v2 over gyeon coatings.

Rapidwax is brilliant,the sio2 sprays range not cheap but very very good gear.

Last edited by ronwash; 04-01-2018 at 01:05 PM.
ronwash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ronwash For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2018, 09:54 PM   #7
Moet1974
Orbital Oracle

Same as Ron really. I have used the lot and additional products that aren’t offered in the UK. Cosmic V2 is one of the best coatings I’ve used. It may not have the extended durability of the newer types but what it does bring is easy use and stunning looks. It is advertised to use in conjunction with the primer which can make it look expensive but you don’t really need it. Master Sealant is also very good. Famous is all about looks but durability is at least half of the stated time. Rapidwaxx is excellent as is Cosmic Spritz. The products for day to day tasks aren’t really worth the extra money. The clay bar is however one of the nicest I’ve used. Nearly forgot the Master Compound is superb and worth the extra money. Any questions just drop me a PM bud.
Moet1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moet1974 For This Useful Post:
ENEP (03-01-2018), ronwash (04-01-2018), Scott_Paterson (04-01-2018)
Old 04-01-2018, 12:47 AM   #8
AaronGTi
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 3,244 Times in 2,530 Posts
I've used Esclate Lotion, highly rate it as a paint cleansing polish, brings out the flake in metallic paint and nips out any light wash marring.

Master Sealant is a decent polymer sealant, reminds me of blackfire or zaino easy on easy off and looks pretty good, leaves a slick surface too.

I've also used angelouis Famous which is a carnauba based coating, its very nice to apply and leaves a very warm glossy finish, also very slick to the touch.

Haven't used Cosmic but from what I've seen it basically works like Famous easy on easy off.
AaronGTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 11:44 AM   #9
Scott_Paterson
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moet1974 View Post
Same as Ron really. I have used the lot and additional products that aren’t offered in the UK. Cosmic V2 is one of the best coatings I’ve used. It may not have the extended durability of the newer types but what it does bring is easy use and stunning looks. It is advertised to use in conjunction with the primer which can make it look expensive but you don’t really need it. Master Sealant is also very good. Famous is all about looks but durability is at least half of the stated time. Rapidwaxx is excellent as is Cosmic Spritz. The products for day to day tasks aren’t really worth the extra money. The clay bar is however one of the nicest I’ve used. Nearly forgot the Master Compound is superb and worth the extra money. Any questions just drop me a PM bud.
Thanks moet sounds like I might need to give these a go for sure, especially the master sealant as all reviews seem to be good.

Old 04-01-2018, 01:08 PM   #10
ronwash
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,309 Times in 1,121 Posts
Garage
Ive applied viking shield on my pearl white 508 8-9 months ago,still going strong,i love the half coating/half wax look.
ronwash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ronwash For This Useful Post:
Scott_Paterson (04-01-2018)