Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Technical > Help..!
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Help..! Questions relating to products and how to use them.

Old 04-01-2018, 08:05 PM   #11
cleslie
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
How do you find yours cleslie i keep meaning to do a write up about it, mine is great.

Super foaming lovely and thick, its great quality to unlike the Chinese ones .

I would say these are on par with the P.A Spa ones also made in italy but at about twice to 3 times the cost.

Goes to show you don't always get what you pay for sometimes you get more
I've used it twice now and have found it really good. Foams like a foam lance should. The low price makes you think it's not going to that great but it comes in a nice box and is great quality. Excellent detergent bottle too so amazing for the price.
cleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:30 PM   #12
olliewills
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Okay, so I just had another go with the auto-foam and the PW. I got good cleaning results with just AF and warm water through the lance and I think I used the correct PIR but it'd be good if someone here can check my maths?

My foam lance has a 600ml bottle so i sprayed into a bucket with the lance fully open until the bottle (filled with water) was empty. I measured 9,250ml in the bucket. I divided that by 0.60 to give me my total water output against a normal 1,000ml bottle. The result was 15,416ml. I multiplied that by 0.04 to get me 4% which was 616ml (incidentally the size of my lance bottle!). I therefore filled my lance bottle with 600ml and put a coat of foam on the car with warm water.

Does that all sound about right to people or have I just made my mix way too strong and likely stripped my sealant? I used about half the bottle on the car but could probably have got away with a third to make it more economical since it's only a Civic and not something bigger.

Cheers all
olliewills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:55 PM   #13
olliewills
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Actually, I've made that too strong haven't I! I should have just worked it out based on my 600ml bottle output and not 1l.

If that's the case then I would have only wanted 370ml of AF in the bottle, not 600ml. Looks like 600ml would give me a PIR of about 6.5% which is on the stronger side but should still be below lsp-stripping levels!

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2018, 04:23 PM   #14
Brian1612
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 3,107 Times in 2,043 Posts
You need a proper foam lance. Monster shine do a good deal on one which comes with either 500ml/1L of their pretty good Cyclone snow foam. This should improve your experience using any snow foam hugely.
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:41 PM   #15
olliewills
Washmitt Meister

Garage
You're probably right and previous to this I had looked at getting the one from in2detailing as I'd heard good things. That being said, this foam lance and bottle of BHAF were bought for me as a very generous gift so I feel inclined to use them. I think once I get my AF mixture sorted and get a bit quicker around the car I'll be fine with the karcher lance. I'm sure I'll upgrade eventually though!

The BHAF does seem to have great cleaning power though. my last mix may have been a bit strong but it really did pull the dirt off that had accumulated after driving home from France at Christmas.