Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Technical > Detailing Guide
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Detailing Guide Written a guide to help someone, post it here.

Old 14-01-2017, 09:14 PM   #151
MarcFrs350
Unwashed Member

Garage
I never realised how complex this was going to be.

I bought a Karcher lance about a year ago as it was going cheap at Halfords, but it didn't do great, and I read reviews after saying the same so assumed it was a bit naff. Probably more me to be honest.

Last week decided to try another and bought the Clean your car one as it had good reviews, but tried various ratios of foam to water and different settings on the lance and always seems really runny and barely holds to the car for any time at all.

It'll probably end up smashed up on the floor like my last pressure washer that messed with me lol
MarcFrs350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 09:29 PM   #152
armufti
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcFrs350 View Post
I never realised how complex this was going to be.

I bought a Karcher lance about a year ago as it was going cheap at Halfords, but it didn't do great, and I read reviews after saying the same so assumed it was a bit naff. Probably more me to be honest.

Last week decided to try another and bought the Clean your car one as it had good reviews, but tried various ratios of foam to water and different settings on the lance and always seems really runny and barely holds to the car for any time at all.

It'll probably end up smashed up on the floor like my last pressure washer that messed with me lol
Which foam are you using? And what are you using as a pressure washer?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
armufti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:04 PM   #153
floopsy
Unwashed Member

Great info thanks!
floopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:31 PM   #154
Bikeracer
Washmitt Meister

I recently got a new Nilfisk PW and the total flow through to bottle empty is 12 ltres and I now realise that to get the correct 4% ratio for Bilt Hamber doesn't require any complicated maths or much working out.

In my case it's just 4% of 12 lires or 40ml per ltr. which equals 480ml in the bottle and then fill with water.

Allan
Bikeracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:18 PM   #155
jduan
Unwashed Member

Garage
nice guide. thanks
jduan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2017, 01:44 PM   #156
ollienoclue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Do not buy the Karcher foam gun attachment. It is sh1t. I did and regretted it ever since. I would send you the damned thing for free if someone really wanted it. Their foam product is probably OK but the attachment is beyond pants.

A quick note for those of you using BH autofoam like I do- you won't get a thick foam or mousse like avalanche etc from this product no matter what you do, believe me I have tried, I don't think even using the stuff neat will give you the mousse effect. It isn't that kind of product. Instead just marvel at the vast amounts of crud it can remove and watch it accumulate on the floor as it works.

Last edited by ollienoclue; 13-06-2017 at 01:47 PM.
ollienoclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:14 PM   #157
petebak
Sponge Jockey

After upgrading to the Karcher K7 I have had to recalculate mine

12.2 litres into bucket including the 1 ltr from lance.

equates to 488ml of product

512ml water top up.

Will be using it on daughters car when she gets back from uni tomorrow, so will see if it works as per usual.
petebak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 12:00 PM   #158
Croques
Washmitt Meister

Garage
From the Ministry of Resurrected Threads

News Flash:

OFQUAL have just announced a new compulsory qualification for all intending professional car detailers.

OFQUAL spokesman, Gordon Dinsdale, (DSO & Bar), said on the steps of Whitehall:-

"It is commonly known that car detailers are the pits at maths. A full understanding of basic arithmetic is vitally important to the future prosperity of this county, especially now as we move to the unknown of post-Brexit and all those clever East-Europeans will be leaving us. Therefore, with effect from April 1 2019 all car detailers will need to pass a basic test in arithmetic and display the qualification at their place of work. Stuff like ratios, proportions, calculation of area and, of course, basic arithmetic addition for accurate pricing will be thoroughly tested."

He added: "It's become quite apparent that car detailers are becoming brain dead and we need to take action now to stop the rot. Therefore, I have instructed all Local Authorities to prepare courses of Arithmetic instruction suitable for detailers. The cost of the course is currently unknown but should be less that £1000 all in. These courses will start April 1st this year and detailers are encouraged to sign up soon".

Cor, 'struth! Whatever next?

Last edited by Croques; 13-02-2018 at 12:05 PM.
Croques is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Croques For This Useful Post:
realist (13-02-2018)
Old 19-02-2018, 08:42 AM   #159
Harry_p
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Do April 1st jokes work in February?
Harry_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:11 PM   #160
tom_0787
Unwashed Member

interesting read!