Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim Sponsored by ValetPRO - ValetPRO was founded in 2005. We are a UK based company and manufacture our products from ValetPRO HQ in Newhaven, East Sussex. Our vision at ValetPRO is to produce the highest quality car care products and to be the trusted brand of choice for retailers, professional detailers and car care enthusiasts everywhere. We value creativity and are constantly looking for new ways to improve our existing products or develop new ones. We are on hand to provide expert advice on our products and we are always happy to hear about your experience from using any of the ValetPRO range and receiving any feedback that you may have.

Old 26-02-2018, 07:36 AM   #1
dchapman88
Dw Reviewer

Thanked 1,258 Times in 895 Posts
Garage
Detailingworld Review – Alien Magic - Tyre PRO

Detailingworld Review – Alien Magic - Tyre PRO

Introduction

Firstly thanks to the guys and gals over at Alien Magic for sending over the Tyre Pro for review.

Alien Magic are new on the DW scene with a varying range of their own branded products from a 'standard' line of products, but this Tyre Gel is from the 'Pro' line which they say:

" Our PRO Range coatings and sealants provide long lasting protection with maximum durability and very high water repellency on all external & Internal surfaces. Developed for Professionals as well as highly demanding individuals alike looking for long lasting results and protection with significantly decreased time and effort required to complete your routine maintenance washes. Our PRO range is designed with three things in mind - long lasting protection, highest quality finish possible and low product consumption ( 30ml - 50ml per vehicle ) ."

Check them out at*https://alienmagic.co.uk/about-us

The Product

The bottle arrived completely as shown on their website, it is a relatively thin orange liquid with no real fragranced smell. It was a little thinner than I'm used to with tyre dressings.
Nice flip up lid for easy use of the product though
https://alienmagic.co.uk/sealants-co...dressing-200ml

Alien Magic say about Tyre Pro:

" Tyre PRO is a unique rubber coating which contains Silica-Derivative Nano-Particles and high performance waxes. Unlike traditional tyre dressings, which sit on the surface of the tyre and quickly get washed off Tyre PRO penetrates and bonds to rubber at the molecular level. Treated tyres stay protected against harmful road conditions and UV radiation and retain a rich satin black finish that lasts for 4 weeks upwards from a single coat application, we highly recommend second coat application on first use to achieve full durability. Average use on 4 tyres is 30-40ml per application."

The Method

So first things first, the car I was trying this out on was my 2013 Nissan Juke and it was due a maintenance wash after a tough weeks driving.

The wheels were in a rather dirty state to begin with so were washed in the normal manner, tyre's given a good spritz of APC and given a good brushing. This was done 3 times so that the residue was no longer dirty to ensure they were completely clean.

They were then left left looking like this, tyres are black, but with no sheen or gloss about them what so ever.

The Alien Magic guys then say on their website to:

Apply product with Alien Magic small foam applicator

Having searched their website for this product I couldn't find it, but after a quick conversation with Adrian at Alien Magic he instructed me they are still working on a few bits on their site, but any foam applicator would do the trick.

So here it is

I put on 4 large drops onto the applicator

On applying it did feel very thin, but did spread very well.

A little 50/50 shot

As per website instructions I applied a second coat. I didn't really wait any time for this just went straight in within 5 minutes to apply the second. A second 50/50 shot showing the difference between 1st and 2nd coat

And then the finished wheel

As they describe the product as being very hydrophobic I thought I would test to see what the beading was like as a vague indicator of if there was a decent level of a hydrophobic product on the tyre.

Price

The website shows the prices at:

£ 14.99 for 200ml

Alien say that "Average use on 4 tyres is 30-40ml per application."

Would I use it again?

Yes and No. I would use it on friends and families cars, but not on my own. I do really like extremely wet and glossy looks on my tyres.

Conclusion

In conclusion this is a good product, no denying. Not what I look for in a tyre dressing personally. I would sacrifice the longevity of the dressing for added gloss. I am excited to see how long the product stays on the tyre with the roads being as bad as they are currently, if it lasts as long as they say it will, they could be on to a winner.

"Detailingworld reviewer has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "
dchapman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dchapman88 For This Useful Post:
Mcpx (26-02-2018)
Old 26-02-2018, 07:00 PM   #2
Mcpx
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Very nicely done. Seems a bit pricey? At 40ml per application a 200ml bottle would give 5 coatings, and at £15 per bottle that’s 3 quid a time. If it lasts a good stretch then it may be worth it, but if durability is not significantly better than the competition it could be an expensive proposition.

I use PERL 1:1 by spraying it onto a brush then brushing it into the tyre wall before wiping off any excess, that method would probably work very well with this being a thin liquid.
Mcpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 07:18 PM   #3
TonyHill

I'm always interested in new tyre dressings, but I'm not to sure about this one. In some shots the finish looks patchy, unless it's just the light

Last edited by TonyHill; 26-02-2018 at 08:24 PM.
TonyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 07:27 PM   #4
Ultra

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyHill View Post
I'm always interested in new the dressings, but I'm not to sure about this one. In some shots the finish looks patchy, unless it's just the light
That's most probably due to using a wax applicator
Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 07:45 PM   #5
dchapman88
Dw Reviewer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
That's most probably due to using a wax applicator
Following manufacturers application instructions of being able to use
"Any foam applicator"
It's what I had to hand!

Old 26-02-2018, 07:46 PM   #6
dchapman88
Dw Reviewer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyHill View Post
I'm always interested in new the dressings, but I'm not to sure about this one. In some shots the finish looks patchy, unless it's just the light
The finish defiantly settled down, the pictures were straight after application.
It did become much more consistent and 'less patchy'
Old 26-02-2018, 08:00 PM   #7
dchapman88
Dw Reviewer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcpx View Post
Very nicely done. Seems a bit pricey? At 40ml per application a 200ml bottle would give 5 coatings, and at £15 per bottle that’s 3 quid a time. If it lasts a good stretch then it may be worth it, but if durability is not significantly better than the competition it could be an expensive proposition.

I use PERL 1:1 by spraying it onto a brush then brushing it into the tyre wall before wiping off any excess, that method would probably work very well with this being a thin liquid.
Hi

Alien Magic have responded in the other thread about the pricing vs application issue
They said:

"We underestimated the usage on the instructions with this product, 4-5 drops on an applicator will cover the tyre effectively making it a lot more cost effective, apologies for the miss instruction we will ensure this is corrected on both the website and labels moving forward."

Hope this helps
Old 26-02-2018, 08:09 PM   #8
Ultra

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchapman88 View Post
Following manufacturers application instructions of being able to use
"Any foam applicator"
It's what I had to hand!

Was'nt having a dig, a cut down cheapo sponge does a better job or better still a megs dressing applicator.
Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 08:11 PM   #9
dchapman88
Dw Reviewer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
Was'nt having a dig, a cut down cheapo sponge does a better job or better still a megs dressing applicator.
No it's cool
I was going to use a cut down sponge and for the life of me couldn't find my normal tyre gel applicators, literally all I had to hand was the yellow pad!
Either way it flattened down and levelled itself nicely.
Old 28-02-2018, 09:40 AM   #10
dchapman88
Dw Reviewer

Garage
After a 10 mile drive in to work this morning, through the 'Beast from the East', this is a non treated tyre and the tyre treated in the Tyre Pro

A clear and obvious difference. Clearly doing it's thing