Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General > Detailing Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Detailing Chat Got a detailing related question that doesn't fit in any other section? Post it in here.

Old 07-03-2018, 03:16 PM   #41
Mcpx
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Just managed to selflessly give the lads Punto it’s first wash and a quick squirt of BSD before the heavens opened. That paint needs a lot of work but as it was sunny when I was rinsing it off I got a tantalising glimpse of the purple/red flake in the black paint. Then it p’d it down. Looks like I’ll be doing my own in the rain tomorrow.
Mcpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:25 PM   #42
rubberducky1957
Washmitt Meister

Just experienced a bite my tongue moment with an acquaintance who was asking how best to look after his new car because mine always looks so clean. He then said "I've just been looking at that detailing forum, what a bunch of nutters"! Bl**dy nerve. I think what he meant to say was what bunch of knowledgeable, dedicated, skillful happy nutters. And no I didn't enlighten him.
rubberducky1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:06 PM   #43
andy198712
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldskoolRS View Post
I'm just waiting for a 'helpful' neighbour to knock on my door to tell me that my car is on fire....it isn't, but I'm doing an 'Airvidox' treatment to try to get rid of cigarette smell from it (recently bought secondhand).

Trying to explain that the 'smoke' is to help get rid of the smell of smoke isn't going to be easy if this happens.
if that fails follow it up with the meguirs de oderiser spray can thing, it worked well for me when i brought my car that had been smoked in.
andy198712 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andy198712 For This Useful Post:
OldskoolRS (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 09:36 PM   #44
OldskoolRS
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Thanks Andy; so far so good. No neighbours knocked on the door (the 'smoke' cleared after a while anyway). Faint smell of chlorine and a mix of Dr Leather wipes for now as I lowered the roof afterwards to clear the fumes.

Annoying that we didn't notice the smell when we bought the car; I guess it was because they'd had the roof down when they brought it across from their storage.
OldskoolRS is offline   Reply With Quote