Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > The Official DetailingWorld™ Review Section > Wheels / Trim
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2018, 08:21 AM   #1
WHIZZER
T-Cut King (admin)

Thanked 17,631 Times in 6,486 Posts
Garage
DetailingworldTM Review – HD Car Care Tyre & Trim Dressing

Review done by Dchapman88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchapman88 View Post
DetailingworldTM Review – HD Car Care Tyre & Trim Dressing

Introduction

Firstly thanks to Chris at HD for sending me the Tyre and Trim Dressing for review.

HD are new to the chemicals side of detailing. They have been trading as valeters and detailers in their own right for years, but have now decided to release their range of products which they use when they work to the general public.

HD say:

"Initially, we developed these products to use in our own, bespoke detailing studio. But now, after rigorous testing, we can now offer these to you, our customers.

We've designed this range to be easy-to-use. The market is SO saturated now with brands, for example, creating 5 or more products JUST for wheels. We've heard the feedback and through experience, we know this process of choosing the right products can be a daunting and time-consuming process."

Check them out at*https://hdcarcare.co.uk

The Product

The bottle arrived as shown on their website but as I had a sample it didnt have the nice dispensing lid, it is a relatively thin blue liquid with no real fragranced smell. It was a little thinner than I'm used to with tyre dressings.
The lid as shown on the website looks like it will be great for dispensing the product.
https://hdcarcare.co.uk/products/hd-...-trim-dressing

HD say about Tyre Dressing:

"A luxury and durable solvent-based tyre and trim dressing. An easy to use formula that enables excellent coverage and maximum durability. A wet and glossy appearance with a minimal sling from tyres. Can be layered for additional gloss and extended durability.

Can also be used on plastic and rubber wheel arch liners.
High Gloss Dressing
Minimal sling
Easy Application
Excellent Durability"

The Method

So first things first, the car I was trying this out on was my 2013 Nissan Juke and it was battered after the Beast from the East

The wheels were in a dirty state to begin with so were washed in the normal manner, tyre's given a good spritz of APC and given a good brushing. This was done multiple times so that the residue was no longer dirty, ensuring the tyre was clean. They were then dried, looking like this

The HD team say on their bottle to:

Apply using foam applicator pad or brush

I opted for the foam pad, I applied one large blob to the applicator, which being blue on blue didn't picture too well

On applying it did feel very thin, but this didn't stop it from spreading nicely
After the first coat

As per instructions I applied a second coat to increase gloss. I allowed 3 mins between 1st and 2nd coat
A close up straight after application and with not being rubbed/flattened down with a MF

The description is that it is a trim dressing too, so I tried it on the wheel arch above the tyre.
A little 50/50

Leaves a nice bead behind too on the trim

Price

The website shows the prices at:

£8.99 for 500ml
£14.99 for 1ltr
£45.00 for 5ltr

Clearly some good bulk savings to be had there

Would I use it again?

100% Yes. I was very happy with how it finished my trim, I liked the delicate sheen on 1 coat. After two coats on my tyre it gave the level of Gloss I like on a tyre. Nice level of wet look and deepness of shine.

Conclusion

In conclusion I like it a lot and would happily use again! There are a lot of tyre dressings on the market, and this one is priced nicely to be a competitive product. It was nice to work with and spread on the tyre. My only gripe (because I always have something) is that it was just a little thin and you did have to be careful when applying it as it could easily be applied patchy, as those of you with keen sight may spot
Overall a 9.5/10 from me

"Detailingworld reviewer has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "