Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Newbies, Rules & Announcements > Newbies & Introductions.....
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Newbies & Introductions..... Tell us something about you.

Old 24-02-2018, 11:15 AM   #11
NathanWW
Unwashed Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyblue View Post
If you've got tar spots, makes life so much easier for removal - I had a white car couple of years back and it really showed up, used polish to remove some successfully, but took ages, picked a bottle of the AG tar remover up - never looked back, soooo easy to remove the tar now
ill keep an eye out for it coming up on offer, ive just bought a black car so hopefully it shouldnt show too soon
NathanWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 11:18 AM   #12
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,367 Posts
newbie kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanWW View Post
ill keep an eye out for it coming up on offer, ive just bought a black car so hopefully it shouldnt show too soon
You'll feel it rather than see it on a black car, but yes def wait if you can til it comes on offer at Halfords say - I tend to restock then
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 05:26 PM   #13
voon

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanWW View Post
i dont have any tar remover yet, how cruial is this?

for wax i will be using the auto finesse radiance for the time being as its apparently gives a good shine with minimal effort and lasts a couple of months
Say thanks when you wanted to quote ... my brain ... Tar remover is not .... crucial. if you want to call it that. It just makes it easy to take tar off obviously. Tardis does a good job here. If you want it in a spray can, you need a chemical resistant one that works with strong solvents.
voon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 10:32 AM   #14
Prestige car care shop
Forum Sponsor

Thanked 1,429 Times in 878 Posts
Welcome along and good luck selecting your kit.

10% Discount code - DW10
www.prestigecarcareshop.com
*Facebook*
*Instagram*
*Twitter*
Prestige car care shop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 11:30 AM   #15
Mcpx

Detailing is a gradual process so as you become more aware of what you can do, the more you will become aware of what products do what, and what you need and don’t need. So as you discover issues, you then discover the solutions to them.

For example there is no need to fork out for tar remover if tar deposits are not particularly an issue for you. I did a black car yesterday that is going to need lots of machine correction, so I know it will need to be clayed before that, which I know will remove any tar, so didn’t bother using a tar remover because you can never see it on black paint anyway and if it is there, the clay will take care of it.

Start with the basics and move on from there, step one is always maintenance, so if the car is in good order you keep it that way, or if it is not so good you don’t make it any worse. That means a good, safe wash technique carried out regularly, which you can find plenty of information on quite easily. Once you have your maintenance routine down you can start looking at protecting your hard work with different products, waxes, sealants or coatings. This is a minefield in itself and there are a myriad of options available to you to suit your own preferences and requirements. The final stage would be correction or enhancement, which would include machine polishing to remove defects or to improve the finish.

In a professional or advanced situation paint correction would obviously come before protection, for example you wouldn’t apply a wax to a car before you were going to polish it, but in terms of the learning curve and skills, not to mention equipment/products, required, the protection stage is much easier to get your head around than machine polishing. Take it a step at a time and as you learn each step it will make understanding subsequent that much easier. Good luck and enjoy!
Mcpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:43 PM   #16
AndyN01

Absolutely agree with Mcpx.

Start at the beginning and Keep It Simple.

Once you get a "feel" for what you're doing and what results that brings then you can make some informed choices about how to progress and what products will deliver the results you're looking for at that point.

Have a look here:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...splay.php?f=17

Looking forward to seeing your photos.

All the best.

Andy.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote