Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General > Detailing Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Detailing Chat Got a detailing related question that doesn't fit in any other section? Post it in here. Sponsored by CleanYourCar

Old 07-03-2018, 06:37 PM   #31
mangove21
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxr5 View Post
^^ This. A car costs a lot of money and to me it's something that should be cherished and cared for. Like I do with my house too. I know it's each to their own but I really don't get how someone can spend so much money on a car and treat it so poorly.
Because it's easy. It's easy to take your car to a hand car wash, I used to get angry and frustrated when I saw people go there but now I just let it go. No point trying to tell these people because most of them are not interested and lease there cars anyway.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
mangove21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:32 PM   #32
pxr5
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangove21 View Post
Because it's easy. It's easy to take your car to a hand car wash, I used to get angry and frustrated when I saw people go there but now I just let it go. No point trying to tell these people because most of them are not interested and lease there cars anyway.

Like I said each to their own. But the way I see it, if someone spends 10, 20, 30...+ K on anything (or is responsible on a lease car, or a house mortgage), it should be cherished. I've got a nice Tag watch that cost quite a bit. I wouldn't chuck it in the dishwasher if it needs a clean. I've worked hard my whole life from aged 17 and what I buy I think I've earned and deserved it and I had very little when I was growing up. So I look after and cherish what I own, whatever that is. I think most people on this site are like this.
pxr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pxr5 For This Useful Post:
Fentum (07-03-2018), Naddy37 (07-03-2018), rubberducky1957 (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 08:51 PM   #33
Naddy37
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,269 Times in 1,618 Posts
Try doing my job as a chauffeur!

Clients close the door using the window!, clonk the sills as they get in. Ooo, this is nice and clean, and then feel the need to touch the silver dashboard trim with their grubby paw prints.

They lift their luggage out the boot, if itís heavy, i donít even bother. But then they clonk the bumper as they yank the luggage out.

They use the provided bottle of water, crack open the top, and leave it in the cubby hole in the door, they pinch a sweet, again, leave the wrapper in the cubby hole.

And donít even get me started when they use a tissue!!
Naddy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:36 PM   #34
Danjc
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
A mate at work is an active member on here so I get to chat detailing freely which is good but apart from that I donít bother as it would probably just bore anybody else and I respect that as we are all into different things. I bet many of us on here probably have other interests/hobbies outside of detailing.
Makes it worth it though when you pick up your car after its service and the body and paint inspection has this comment :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Danjc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Danjc For This Useful Post:
huxley309 (08-03-2018), olliewills (07-03-2018), Sicskate (08-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 09:51 PM   #35
olliewills
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjc View Post
A mate at work is an active member on here so I get to chat detailing freely which is good but apart from that I donít bother as it would probably just bore anybody else and I respect that as we are all into different things. I bet many of us on here probably have other interests/hobbies outside of detailing.
Makes it worth it though when you pick up your car after its service and the body and paint inspection has this comment :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Testament to the care we take over our vehicle. Nice one!
olliewills is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to olliewills For This Useful Post:
Danjc (07-03-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 09:42 AM   #36
SkyRocket
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naddy37 View Post
Try doing my job as a chauffeur!

Clients close the door using the window!, clonk the sills as they get in. Ooo, this is nice and clean, and then feel the need to touch the silver dashboard trim with their grubby paw prints.

They lift their luggage out the boot, if itís heavy, i donít even bother. But then they clonk the bumper as they yank the luggage out.

They use the provided bottle of water, crack open the top, and leave it in the cubby hole in the door, they pinch a sweet, again, leave the wrapper in the cubby hole.

And donít even get me started when they use a tissue!!
Are you sure you're in the right profession?!
SkyRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 06:06 PM   #37
mangove21
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxr5 View Post
Like I said each to their own. But the way I see it, if someone spends 10, 20, 30...+ K on anything (or is responsible on a lease car, or a house mortgage), it should be cherished. I've got a nice Tag watch that cost quite a bit. I wouldn't chuck it in the dishwasher if it needs a clean. I've worked hard my whole life from aged 17 and what I buy I think I've earned and deserved it and I had very little when I was growing up. So I look after and cherish what I own, whatever that is. I think most people on this site are like this.
Yes I agree with you but most of the population aren't like that sadly. In there eyes if it shines then great. Thats all they want, they don't see the swirls.

mangove21 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mangove21 For This Useful Post:
DimitriUK (08-03-2018)