Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General > Detailing Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Detailing Chat Got a detailing related question that doesn't fit in any other section? Post it in here.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:52 PM   #3331
huxley309
Washmitt Meister

Nice colour, same as my ex ctdi very easy to shine and maintain, I barely polish it just touch it up with some qd each wash keeps it looking good as anything.
huxley309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:58 PM   #3332
olliewills
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by huxley309 View Post
Nice colour, same as my ex ctdi very easy to shine and maintain, I barely polish it just touch it up with some qd each wash keeps it looking good as anything.
Mines an EX too. You on Civinfo buddy? To be honest she's in need of a correction, which I have planned for this summer. She also has a few stone chips (darn Honda soft paint!) and a scratch on the rear passenger door that need to be touched up.

I do love the colour though and it can hide a fair amount of dirt from the untrained eye. Much easier to look after than the black Type S I had before it. I so miss my 5-spoke CTS wheels though, these ones have far too many nooks and crannies!
olliewills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 06:45 PM   #3333
huxley309
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliewills View Post
Mines an EX too. You on Civinfo buddy? To be honest she's in need of a correction, which I have planned for this summer. She also has a few stone chips (darn Honda soft paint!) and a scratch on the rear passenger door that need to be touched up.

I do love the colour though and it can hide a fair amount of dirt from the untrained eye. Much easier to look after than the black Type S I had before it. I so miss my 5-spoke CTS wheels though, these ones have far too many nooks and crannies!
CTS wheels I'm guessing are the sporty ones, yup got those but low profile makes for a harder ride, granted they're easier to clean and look much nicer, got some new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on the front, some crappy prestivo tyres on the back, not mine previous owner.
Yeah I'm on civic owners, I'm actually surprised how easy it is to maintain, everything is easy to work on and bolted none of that press fit French crap or daft torx sizes to stop any home mechanics. Just solid well built engineering, albeit with soft paint.
I'll never have a black car again. One of my friends was sure I marked her car with each wash, never mind she drives it for a living so every new mark I got the blame for it, gave up doing it in the end she'll find out the hard way.
Corrections are a doodle, I have a small piece of green foam from an old polishing pad, that and a bit of Scholl S3 gold it comes of in seconds, no need to bring out the DA.
I'm down to the primer just a tiny bit on the roof, looks to me like some kind of damage, probably bird crap left to bake on for too long, might get a quote for the whole roof and a bit on the back bumper.
Apart from that and the usual faded trim she's a real tidy car, was an ex dealers car up until 3 years ago, mot history is comical, mostly advisories for plastic obscuring view.
Bulletproof cars.
huxley309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:31 PM   #3334
Naddy37
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,605 Posts
Chauffeur e-class got its daily clean using ONR, wheels washed, dried, and tyres dressed. Dried and another coat of C2v3.

Interior mats out, hoovered and scrubbed clean using Kenotek Interior Cleaner.

That should last at least a day!
Naddy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:36 PM   #3335
Lexus-is250
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quick wash to get the salt and grime off the old barge.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Lexus-is250 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexus-is250 For This Useful Post:
Soul boy 68 (08-03-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 11:15 PM   #3336
Stewie1873
Sponge Jockey

Finished polishing the Leon and applied mohs, pleasantly surprised how easy it was to apply
Stewie1873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:54 PM   #3337
pyro-son
Sponge Jockey

Garage
First time using ONR today. Clean the wagon in the carpark at work. Topped with EZ Chrome.
Very impressed with ONR, but it does feel weird washing a car like that.

pyro-son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:04 PM   #3338
alfajim
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Cleaned all the salt off in the dark and rain. I must be mad.
alfajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:23 PM   #3339
dan4291
PC Perfectionist

Managed a quick wash of my Renault Megane RS250 Cup today, looking a lot better with all the salt and winter road crap off! Still needs a proper detail at some point though, which I'm hoping to find a spare weekend soon!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
dan4291 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dan4291 For This Useful Post:
Soul boy 68 (09-03-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 08:04 PM   #3340
Will ST
Washmitt Meister

Not posted on here for sometime. After popping back to see my mum where the bulk of my detailing stuff is, I had a retro day machine polishing the two doors down her drivers side to clean up the general wear and tear.

The paint is very sticky and doesn't like the rotary on it at all, so Porter Cable with the 110v transformer, Megs #83 on a 3M polishing pad and finished of with Megs #16 wax.

Now how many can remember when the above products were all the rage........
Will ST is offline   Reply With Quote