Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > in2Detailing
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

in2Detailing www.in2detailing.co.uk
| 01382 622565 | Price Match Promise TAC Systems - Bilt Hamber - Chemical Guys - Bouncers - Prima Car Care - Krystal Kleen Detail - Wheel Woolies - ViseeO Authorised Distributor

Old 01-04-2018, 09:41 PM   #81
dchapman88
Dw Reviewer

Thanked 1,258 Times in 895 Posts
Garage
Hi Imran

I filled out a contact form on your website last week not sure if you got it?
Regarding TAC quartz shine and when it's safe to use on resprayed paintwork from a bodyshop
dchapman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:05 AM   #82
In2detailing
DW Sponsor

Thanked 1,519 Times in 676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchapman88 View Post
Hi Imran

I filled out a contact form on your website last week not sure if you got it?
Regarding TAC quartz shine and when it's safe to use on resprayed paintwork from a bodyshop
Hi, sorry, never saw the message.
For fresh paintwork from bodyshop it can depend from one job to another but to be on the safe side we recommend 90 days before coating.

Imran

Discount Code DW10
In2detailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:29 AM   #83
dchapman88
Dw Reviewer

Thanked 1,258 Times in 895 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2detailing View Post
Hi, sorry, never saw the message.
For fresh paintwork from bodyshop it can depend from one job to another but to be on the safe side we recommend 90 days before coating.

Imran
Thanks for reply Imran
Was really hoping it was gas permeable as I thought some coatings these days were?!

Darren
dchapman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:57 PM   #84
kevincwelch
Unwashed Member

Thoughts on applying more than one layer of Shine? Not necessary? Not advised? Timing between coats?

Last edited by kevincwelch; 07-07-2018 at 11:09 PM.
kevincwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 11:57 AM   #85
AS_BO
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Hi Imran,

Copied this from another thread, hopefully you shed some light on whatís happened.

Maintenance on an M140i wearing CQUK on paint and Gyeon supplementary coatings on glass, trim and wheels. Vehicle is mineral grey.

Normal wash routine employed with decontamination of surfaces with iron zero snow foam then followed up with water spot zero as the car had suffered with some spotting as it was stood a lot over summer. Method used was essentially spray, wipe and buff off with a separate cloth.

Worked as I expected on the paintwork however it looks to have killed off Gyeon View on all glass. I rinsed the car off afterwards to see if it was simply lingering on the glass but no sheeting returned. Then cleaned the glass to neutralise the product, still no dice.

Has anyone experienced this before? If so, how did you attempt/successfully revive the coating? As an aside I have offered to re coat the glass.

Thanks,

Matt
AS_BO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 01:38 PM   #86
In2detailing
DW Sponsor

Hi,

Unfortunately I have no experience with the gyeon product itself. Iron zero foam is not particularly strong and I would be very surprised if that has had any effect on the coating itself.
Water spot zero is a product I have very little experience with as I live in an area where I never get any. We have sold a fair few bottles (in the hundreds) and have never had this reported before. Had the water spots themselve no damaged already the coating?

The only thing I can suggest is to apply the gyeon productt to a very small area on the windscreen and test again with the water spot zero to see if is has an effect.

Discount Code DW10
The Following User Says Thank You to In2detailing For This Useful Post:
AS_BO (23-10-2018)
Old 23-10-2018, 01:47 PM   #87
AS_BO
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2detailing View Post
Hi,

Unfortunately I have no experience with the gyeon product itself. Iron zero foam is not particularly strong and I would be very surprised if that has had any effect on the coating itself.
Water spot zero is a product I have very little experience with as I live in an area where I never get any. We have sold a fair few bottles (in the hundreds) and have never had this reported before. Had the water spots themselve no damaged already the coating?

The only thing I can suggest is to apply the gyeon productt to a very small area on the windscreen and test again with the water spot zero to see if is has an effect.

Thanks Imran, Iíve messaged Jeremy from Gyeon to understand what has happened to the glass coating. It was absolutely fine until the water spot remover hit it.

Iím going to do as youíve said and test and area to see how and why it is stripping the coating.

The minerals left over from the water spotting had slowed the water behaviour down all over the car, it returned completely on the paint but like I say stopped the glass dead in itís tracks.

Iíll update the thread once Iíve had opportunity to test.
AS_BO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:45 AM   #88
matty.13
PC Perfectionist

Hi Imran
I have just brought on moonlight. On the bottle itís say not to get wet for 2 hours but in on your website description it say 4-6 hours. Which is it ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
matty.13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:59 PM   #89
In2detailing
DW Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty.13 View Post
Hi Imran
I have just brought on moonlight. On the bottle itís say not to get wet for 2 hours but in on your website description it say 4-6 hours. Which is it ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours is sufficient however temperature can play a part so we have put longer on the site to be sure.

Imran

Discount Code DW10
The Following User Says Thank You to In2detailing For This Useful Post:
matty.13 (09-11-2018)