Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Showroom Detailed something and want to show it off? Do it here... This is the place for you to show the world....

Old 15-08-2018, 09:51 PM   #1
Boothy
PC Perfectionist

Garage
BMW f30, 330d M-Sport Plus in Estoril Blue

Well, after being reasonably happy with my remapped Mk7 Golf GTD for the last two years I decided that black paint is the devils work. It tempts you with it unbelievable reflectivity and depth then you realise that itís a total nightmare to keep pristine. If youíre like me, and Iím presuming most people reading this will be then I canít settle on a car knowing its not in perfect condition.
So gone is the Golf and I picked this up last week.

Only joking! This was my loan car until my new one was prepped by the dealership. Most luxurious thing I have ever been in!
Anyway, I got the call from the dealers and went to collect this.

The following day the weather was warm, dry and slightly overcast so perfect for spending most of the day detailing.
My plan was to sort the wheels out first and get them fully decontaminated ready for a sealant and tyre dressing to keep them tip top until they get prepped for winter.
I began with a strong APC solution and my Auto Finesse woollen wheel brushes, probably the most disappointing product Iíve bought in sometime. This is the third time they have been used and they have already disintegrated and considering the £30 price tag this was a real let down. Auto Finesse have agreed to ship me a new set out though so Iíll see how they go.
Once rinsed off I applied some Dodo Juice Ferrous Dueller to a wheel at a time and allowed to dwell for a bit. I was impressed with it too. Seemed to cling to the surface better than some fallout removers Iíve used and I found that helped it dissolve the iron particles better than other brands I have used. A quick agitation with a detailing brush and another few minutes later the wheels were rinsed and dried ready for dressing and sealing.

There are a few marks where something has burnt through the finish and this is going to need refurbishing if I want to get rid of it.
Once the wheels were ready to be dressed and sealed I moved onto the paintwork.
Having inspected the paint work I was happy that it was in pretty good shape for a three year old car and once washed with a dilute APC the paint work was pretty smooth. Its clearly been clayed recently or had a light polish so there was no need to clay it again and risk any further marring from doing so. Unfortunately, due to the overcast weather I was unable to get any meaningful shots of the paint work before polishing
First off was decontamination with the DJ Ferrous Dueller again. I split the car into four sections and did one at a time to prevent it drying out and then washed the section off with the usual two bucket method and some Dodo Juice born to be mild. There were clearly some iron particles but for the age I was expecting more. Saying that though, its not the easiest colour to see the purple reaction.

Once finished it was rinsed off fully and dried ready to be inspected again.
As expected there is a fair amount of light swirling but nothing significant and no major defects which is a relief.
Having dealt with BMW before I suspected it was going to rock hard so I opted to use the Meguairs DA Microfiber system with my DAS6 Pro. I did about six passes with moderate pressure using the compound and then the same again with the finishing polish. I was in two minds about using the Meguairs Finishing polish but after giving it a go on the boot lid I was quite impressed and continued to use it for the rest of the car. On the boot lid, bonnet and roof I also went over again with some Menzerna SF4000 ultrafine and a foam finishing pad, just for that extra depth.

Meguiars Endurance tire gel was then applied with a soft foam applicator and then the wheels were sealed with Fusso99. Not my favourite product due to issues it caused on my Golfs paint but you canít argue with its protection level and water behaviour.

The paint work was then given two coats of In2Detailings Ceramic Crystal Wax which is just gorgeous to use and looks outstanding
That same evening, I went out with my Fuji XT-2 Camera and took some proper photos of it. Ideally I wanted to shoot the car in the dark but after a day detailing I wanted to sit down with a cold one, lol. I have to say that I am really please with how the car looks and will be investing in a nice show wax to just finish it off nicely.
Thanks for ready and thanks for looking everyone

Boothy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Boothy For This Useful Post:
Benfr16 (17-08-2018), Cookies (15-08-2018), Derekh929 (04-09-2018), jonnyw59 (16-08-2018), JwilliamsM (18-08-2018), lemansblue92 (15-08-2018), LostVulpine (17-08-2018), nbray67 (15-08-2018), Sicskate (15-08-2018), sshooie (15-08-2018), Starbuck88 (16-08-2018)
Old 15-08-2018, 09:59 PM   #2
sshooie
Orbital Oracle

Looks excellent, I recognise the train station car park...

I've just sold my F11 and had a couple of poor dealings with Sandal who I suspect is your local dealer?

Love the 7 series and if we didn't have the dog it would be weapon of choice.

Last edited by sshooie; 15-08-2018 at 10:03 PM.
sshooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 10:03 PM   #3
Boothy
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshooie View Post
Looks excellent, I recognise the train station car park...

I've just sold my F11 and had a couple of poor dealings with Sandal who I suspect is your local dealer?
Yeah, Westgate multistorey. I've had dealings with Sandal at Wakey but I find them snobby and rude. I bought this and my previous E90 from Sandal at Huddersfield and they are poles apart. I can't imaging Wakey loaning me a 7 series an you, lol?
Old 15-08-2018, 10:07 PM   #4
nbray67
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,278 Times in 1,687 Posts
Garage
Looking mint pal.

Nice finish with the In2Detailing ceramic wax.

I wonder who suggested that to you?

EB looks the nuts when the sun shines.
nbray67 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nbray67 For This Useful Post:
Boothy (15-08-2018)
Old 15-08-2018, 10:09 PM   #5
sshooie
Orbital Oracle

I struggled to get a loaner from them at all tbf so used to use Stratstone in Doncaster, not wanting to give anything to Sandal. I remember them when they used to be on Barnsley Road where Guy Salmon is now, Barry Barnard was the owner iirc.

Anyway back on topic...

What did you think to the 7?
sshooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 10:15 PM   #6
Boothy
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshooie View Post
What did you think to the 7?
It was awesome! Like going everywhere in first class. Best quality leather, full massaging seats, heated/refrigerated cup holders, amazing sound system. It was an absolute pig to park though and I almost got stuck in the Ridings car park. The turning circle is actually really good but its so long and wide you just can't use it. Still, it was an epic motor made even better by free fuel for the week!
The Following User Says Thank You to Boothy For This Useful Post:
sshooie (15-08-2018)
Old 15-08-2018, 10:37 PM   #7
Christian6984
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 1,362 Times in 1,276 Posts
Garage
Superb work on the car, looks stunning. The photos in the car park make it look awesome
Christian6984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Christian6984 For This Useful Post:
Boothy (15-08-2018)
Old 15-08-2018, 10:51 PM   #8
Boothy
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbray67 View Post
Looking mint pal.

Nice finish with the In2Detailing ceramic wax.

I wonder who suggested that to you?

EB looks the nuts when the sun shines.
Yeah, thanks for that. It was a good shout.
Old 15-08-2018, 11:33 PM   #9
Cookies
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer

Thanked 5,124 Times in 3,744 Posts
Garage
That is one beautiful 3 series. I have 442m rims on mine, but always loved the 403m. EB2 is a stunning colour when cleaned well. Yours is just that, stunning.

Health to enjoy.

Cooks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cookies For This Useful Post:
Boothy (16-08-2018)
Old 15-08-2018, 11:42 PM   #10
James_G
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Love seeing these in Estoril Blue. I love the wheels too although I've read a few people have had issues with them corroding from behind the centre badge.

Whether that's true or internet folk lore, I'm not sure.
James_G is offline   Reply With Quote