Detailing World Forum banner

Koch chemie green star review

55K views 69 replies 35 participants last post by  Rene 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all

First things first, I bought this product with my own money and have received nothing free from any retailer or manufacturer (unfortunately!).

I've recently been trying to find a pre wash which really works and takes off the crud as I keep finding that snowfoam just doesn't take that much off. It's great to see a decent clingy foam but if you rinse and let it dry it's just as dirty.

So that's why I decided to try Koch Chemie Green Star.

First things first.. getting hold of it. OH MY DAYS. The biggest pain in my a... everywhere was out of stock. I messaged the KC Facebook page and they said there should be some coming soon. I eventually found some after seeing the KC Facebook post about it being in stock and got myself 3 bottles from a different retailer as I needed to buy some extra bits too.

So I got it through in a few days £5.15 per litre bottle. Pretty cheap really, but when adding postage it can be a bit of a pain.

Anyway! My car was sealed with fusso soft 99 about 5 months ago and hadn't been washed in over 2 months. Over 2 months of grimey crud being baked on, mud from country lanes and all the usual you find. As you can see, it was really caked on!

I diluted 250ml of green star with 2l of water and applied it with a cheap pressure sprayer. I rinsed with a nilfisk titan 120 pressure washer. And these were the results:

Those were the best pictures out of the ones I took due to reflection etc. I tried to let it dry naturally before taking these as it always looks cleaner when wet. As you can see it still has some crud on it, but it is massively reduced and better than any snowfoam I've tried (Valet pro, magifoam and avalanche)!

I was actually really surprised how well it worked and I'm glad I got the 3 bottles!

I finished by washing with megs gold class and it was still beading & sheeting so the fusso soft 99 has been unharmed at that dilution ratio.

Bit of a write up for you there but hopefully someone finds it useful and if you see it being sold next time you're restocking I seriously recommend getting some to try it.

See less See more
#48 ·
I’ve been playing with dilution ratings for GS and have found It’s even more versatile. 100ml to a litre of water is great for cleaning tyres. It is also excellent as an insect remover. 50ml a litre for a prewash which pretty much removes the caked on mud from all the farms near where I live. 25ml per lite as an APC great around the car, the house and BBQ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#52 ·
To re-open an old thread, I have just purchased my first bottle of Green Star. Have a few KC products, so was eager to try this after a review on YT.

However, in peoples opinions, which is best/preferred method? Wet first then spray, or spray onto dry panel and leave to dwell?

Never been a fan of snowfoams. Think they're a gimmick product, to get the neighbours comments. Used quite a few now, and still keep heading for Valet Pro's citrus pre wash instead, until I found the GS.

#53 ·
To re-open an old thread, I have just purchased my first bottle of Green Star. Have a few KC products, so was eager to try this after a review on YT.

However, in peoples opinions, which is best/preferred method? Wet first then spray, or spray onto dry panel and leave to dwell?

Never been a fan of snowfoams. Think they're a gimmick product, to get the neighbours comments. Used quite a few now, and still keep heading for Valet Pro's citrus pre wash instead, until I found the GS.
Personally I like to give the car a rinse first then apply. That's just my way of doing it and never had any issues. Some will say that dilutes it down even further which I guess is true.

Try both and see what you think works for you.

[emoji106]

#54 ·
Green Star is the single best product I have ever used. I have tried input in a snow-foam lance and a pump spray which I think works best on a dry panel. I quite often when I don’t have time for a full wash just spray green star, pressure wash off then rinse with DI filter. Car looks great for a few more days. I use 50ml to 1l of water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#66 ·
Green star is a very versatile product. To be honest there are not so much review on youtube about it but I noticed you are gently directed to the products they are paid to have better results let's say. One guy has the channel where Bilt hamber has better result than competitors. On another one is Car pro better then the others... Lately youtube is not reliable anymore and best thing you do is, to test your self and see what fits for you. I have tried all and for me the best one is Green star when comes to APC/degreaser.

#67 ·
I've just finished an 11kg bottle of GS.

Very happy & impressed.

But, as is our way, I thought I'd have a look at a different product to give me a comparison.

So, I bought 5 litres of Wax Planet's Uni-Clean APC.

Price wise the KC is a bit cheaper but nothing to put it into a different league of cost/volume ratio.

I've only just done a first wash off with the Uni-Clean and it's very good and can be diluted a long way.

I'll get a better overall idea/opinion as I've used it more.

Obviously with Wax Planet it's got a really solid pedigree from one of our very supportive suppliers.

Hope that adds to the discussion.

Andy.

#68 ·
I might have to give Koch Chemie GS a go as pre-wash, since BH Autofoam absolutely eats away Turtlewax Dry & Shine. Even at 2% PiR, the hydrophobicity is nearly gone.
The protections goes from crazy beading to slow sheeting.

I cannot wrap my head around it, as all tests show TW Dry & Shine as extremely resistant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.