Detailing World Forum banner

The Premier League.

123K views 587 replies 49 participants last post by  117835 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
yes, i know this is a late starter, but seeing how well the other PL threads went, i decided to start another :D

so, how do you like the way the new season is going?

what do you think of your new transfers?

with 48 hours to go before the transfer window shuts, who do you think you'll get in?

and who do you think will take the PL title this season? Champions League title? Europa League? FA cup? and even the League cup?

lets have your thoughts guys!

#2 ·
Utd have started strongly, Matic is a cracking signing for them.

Arsenal may struggle this season while ever Wenger is at the helm, they need rid of him I'm afraid.

City have started slowly but I can see them getting stronger, especially if they snatch Sanchez.

Chelsea look good despite the loss to Burnley. Another strong squad with Morata looking to shine the more he adapts to the PL.

Spurs, quiet in the transfer market but they have a strong squad, again, started slowly but will challenge the Top 4 again.

Everton, spent loads in the summer. Keane is a good buy but they lack that killer touch/class striker now that Lukaku has gone, saying that, Tom Dvies and Calvert-Lewin look decent.

As for us. Henderson and Sturridge (if fit) are 2 signings we didn't have for 90% of last season. Mane, Salah and Firmino are an epic trio up front. Coutinho will hopefully stay and give his all when fit (is he actually injured???).
Matip looks strong but he can't do it all in the CB role, Lovren and Klavan just don't fit for me. On our back 4, Gomez looked very composed when I saw him against Palace. Moreno has calmed down a tad but is strong going forward, unfortunately, he's too erratic. Robertson needs time and we have Clyne due back.
Can, Wijnaldum and Henderson look good together, not sure where The Ox would fit if he joins, especially if Coutinho stays and Lallana is fit.
We need a quality CB, it's a pity Sakho has burnt his bridges with Klopp.

Winners - City for me
With a Top 4 made up of
LFC
Utd
Chelsea

Relegation contenders
Palace
West Ham
Brighton
Swansea

#6 ·
Wondered whether we'd have a new one, or just keep using last season's :lol:

Well, it's well documented that Newcastle's window is not going as Rafa planned. Delays and generally nobbery meaning we've missed out on players he thought we in the bag.

Couple of decent signings in Murphy and Joselu but both need to settle and develop. Managed to shift a few high-earners this week so hopefully bring a couple in. Gayle might be on his way to Fulham, so will need to be replaced. No idea who it'll be.

As for the season, utterly ridiculous that Mitro got done retrospectively after trial by highlight shows, while in the Huddersfield match a couple of weeks ago one player stamped on Newcastle lad and Mbemba was essentially assaulted by a Hudds midfielder and neither incident was even shown. Apparently it's now 94 premier league matches since an opposition player has seen red against Newcastle. 94!

#8 ·
Rafa wants to build the club, and he's got the full support of about 95% of the fans.
Ashley should've sold up long ago, but nobody will pay what he wants for the club, so he'll never sell. He's no interest in investing, he just uses it to advertise (free of charge) a handful of his businesses.

#12 ·
Arsenal in complete disarray at the moment and now need to get Sanchez head back in the game. He will be a very good addition to any team for free in the summer and probably Oil will leave now too.

Strange one that Barkley bottled it and steady at Everton having already agreed things.

Going to be a long season for the Newcastle lot and can't see Rafa staying and putting up with things there.

Stragne decision for Chelsea to sell Matic to united and then buy a like for like replacement in Drinkwater for not a great deal cheaper !!!!!

Liverpool have had a good transfer window and will do well.

United also seem to have got a couple of missing pieces in Matic and Lukaku and although Zlatan is back that could have a negative effect on the way they play which at the moment is with pace and power. That said he is good to have around the dressing room and not a bad plan b

#14 ·
Reasonably happy with Evertons transfer window.

We didnt get the striker that Ronald said he wanted, but we do have players who can score goals.

Watched Farhad Moshiri speaking to Sky and was impressed that he knew all the squad names and positions!! Have seen him being interviewed before and he is more impressive than you expect from a foreign owner.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Had a feeling Sanchez would stay-all good if he gives 100%. I'd have sold him personally, don't see the point in keeping players who want out. I'm ok with getting rid of Ox, strong fella and quick, but useless at crossing and finishing. Happy with Laca and Kola, but should have added to those with a CM and CB- Seri and VVD - which is what we really need.

Too early to make predictions, 3 games in, long way to go.

#24 ·
Oxlade-Chamberlain is no loss in my opinion. £35-40m is silly money for him. It's hard to believe he's still only 24, but we've been talking about his potential for countless years. Unless Klopp can work wonders he's just another very average player.

I see Ia Liga have asked for Man City to be investigated for breaking financial fair play rules. I bet the action taken against PSG is minor and I don't expect Man City to be much worse. It would be their second time though.

There's no point in having the rules when clubs are still so blatantly cheating them and the punishements so weak.

#25 ·
Oxlade-Chamberlain is no loss in my opinion. £35-40m is silly money for him. It's hard to believe he's still only 24, but we've been talking about his potential for countless years. Unless Klopp can work wonders he's just another very average player.

I see Ia Liga have asked for Man City to be investigated for breaking financial fair play rules. I bet the action taken against PSG is minor and I don't expect Man City to be much worse. It would be their second time though.

There's no point in having the rules when clubs are still so blatantly cheating them and the punishements so weak.
Totally agree , Kerr mate, won't miss him- He just hasn't got the brain imo-cack at crossing and finishing, just brawn . Not sure He'll even dislodge any of their mids so he might end up in the same boat. Must have really wanted out though to accept less money.

Yeah, I heard that about FFP, bit rich coming from La Liga , eh? Lol. I see Rooney is at it again tut, tut . He'll never learn .

#30 ·
Nice to get that win, needed that. Played well, looked hungry- Impressed with the tracking back and organisation- Kolasinac is a beast. Great finish from Lacazette, and superb 2nd goal from Welbz.

Ox, breaking records already-1st player to concede 9 goals for two clubs in a week ;)
Knew it would be curtains for Liverpool after they went a Mane down :D

#35 · (Edited)
That was a horrible watch tonight for so many reasons.

We were terrible and played way below what we can. PSG were very good at the same time. So composed and at ease always able to play their way out of things.

I was only watching on the tv and the commentary just annoyed me to the extent I couldn't listen. It was money this, money that....he cost this, he'll cost that at the end of the loan deal as it's a compulsory purchase. The manager will get the sack if he doesn't win the champions league after spending so much.

It was an unbearable listen.

I should as a football fan stand there and admire the quality of PSG. However I just found all this talk getting my back up. It didn't help that Neymar once again came to Celtic Park and behaved like a classless little git again.

They are basically cheating. They've spent way more than any French club can possibly afford. It's sad when the entire game was basically talk of how they've pretty much bought the Champions League. I now hope they don't.

I thought someone summed it up pretty well. We had a supporter run on the park tonight. We will get fined more for that than PSG's blatant cheating of financial fair play rules.

#36 ·
That was a horrible watch tonight for so many reasons.

We were terrible and played way below what we can. PSG were very good at the same time. So composed and at ease always able to play their way out of things.

I was only watching on the tv and the commentary just annoyed me to the extent I couldn't listen. It was money this, money that....he cost this, he'll cost that at the end of the loan deal as it's a compulsory purchase. The manager will get the sack if he doesn't win the champions league after spending so much.

It was an unbearable listen.

I should as a football fan stand there and admire the quality of PSG. However I just found all this talk getting my back up. It didn't help that Neymar once again came to Celtic Park and behaved like a classless little git again.

They are basically cheating. They've spent way more than any French club can possibly afford. It's sad when the entire game was basically talk of how they've pretty much bought the Champions League. I now hope they don't.

I thought someone summed it up pretty well. We had a supporter run on the park tonight. We will get fined more for that than PSG's blatant cheating of financial fair play rules.
Never rated Neymar, He has skill but like you have say he is a git

#39 ·
I met Sav once, he's not so bad in person. On TV though, like you say, never stops. Gets a bit squeaky when he's excited too.
Garth Crooks irritates me, cannot stand Jonathan Pearce's voice (worse than fingernails on a blackboard), but the one I like least is Kevin Kilbane. Next-to-no actual knowledge, and he's like a twelve year old every time Newcastle are on. Grinning like a cheshire cat any time he can say anything negative about them. It's embarrassing.

Then there's Michael Ow*n (if he doesn't send you to sleep with his monotonous voice, he winds you up with his statements of the obvious "if the goalkeeper hadn't stopped that, it would've been a goal". Thanks Michael).

#40 ·
I really don't know what is happening with Everton - we now have decent and talented individual players, but they are just not playing as a coherent winning team.

Sure we need a striker, but we look disjointed elsewhere on the pitch. I can't believe that we are missing Lukaku so much, as he always relied on the other's to do all the running and work for him.

We had such a feel good factor at the start of the season and its just all fizzled away.

The demands for Koemans head have been slowly growing on social media for a while and i think he should consider himself under real pressure now - our football is starting to become as aimless as it was under Roberto Martinez.

I was at the Spurs game and they were impressively organised and determined, but we were all over the place and Spurs just had the run of the pitch for much of the game.

This Atalanta game is looking like it can only get worse - no industry or fight from Everton.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

#42 ·
Nobody gonna mention the Arsenal fans terrified of a bit of atmosphere last night? :lol:
Doesn't sound like anything particularly unusual happened, aside from the extra fans getting in, yet there are more than a handful suggesting the game should've been abandoned or postponed.

Still can't get my head round Friday night matches. Sky's new EFL deal from 2019 means games every day, on telly or available to stream. All of them. Not sure that's healthy tbh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.