Detailing World Forum banner

Wonder wheels re-invented?

9K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  iCraig 
#1 ·
Was browsing in Halfords the other day and needed some iron off and sealant for the scrapers people keeping asking me to clean - mainly my mam and brothers cars!

They were pushing the wonder wheels range with some discount and new branding etc.

Picked up wonder wheels 'colour change' smelt like iron off but thought it was bit of a sqiz saying it changed colour when it starts pink!

Needless to say it was rubbish. My heart bleeds more watching x-factor.

And got the 'nano tech' wheel sealant

Put a couple of coats on the wife's car today and we'll be doin about 1000 miles this week on holiday in wales so will see how it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
The Wonder Wheels original "Super Alloy Wheel Cleaner" in the silver bottle is the one to have, i think. it is often on offer in places like Wilkos for just a few quid.

Its fiercely strong and very acidic, so not for regular use, but earns a place in the cupboard for those times a relative presents a car with alloys that have turned black through neglect - it is just epic at quickly cleaning those sorts of knackered alloys !!!

#5 ·
Update on the spray sealant after almost 2000 miles and 4 new tyres at the garage.

Before

Just gave them a jet wash, no wheel cleaner or anything

After

For £6 I don't think you can complain! Washed and reapplied today, so easy to use with no effort!

Mite try autoglym or sonax on the basis as because they cost more they must be better! One born every minute isn't they! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Used that stuff as my first ever wheel cleaner a good few years ago. Compared to what I'd been using before it (just car shampoo) it was great. You just get what you pay for a lot of the time with these products. For a maintenance wash, if the wheels aren't caked then why not. Just hit it with the proper stuff periodically.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.