Detailing World Forum banner

Suggestions please for finishing product to use on a wet car

9K views 37 replies 27 participants last post by  dax 
#1 ·
Nearly out of BSD and will get more but also like to try different things so...

Looking for suggestions for a product that can be used post wash, while the car is still wet, sprayed on, spread and buffed (like I do with BSD). I like the ability to dry and add some shine in one stage.

Recent things I've used are BSD, Bead Juice, AG Smooth Velvet so that kind of thing.

Don't care what it's labelled as, be it sealant, qd or whatever, not fussed on longevity as it'll go on most washes.

Go... :)

#5 ·
Never knew you could use BSD on a wet car!

On topic - ive recently used one of the spray on - jet wash off type coatings 'hydro-coat' type thing - what a load of rubbish, the car looked completely chemically stained on most panels even after giving it a REAALLY GOOD jet wash off like the product requires.

#6 ·
Thanks all.

I always forget about Autoglym!

Adams is a good shout too, been meaning to try something with all the love for them on here.

Not used Megs for ages, had a couple of spray heads fail in quick succession a few years ago so never went back.

Agree - The spray on-jet off products don't appeal at all, I don't understand how a spray from a trigger and rinse off can ever give a uniform finish.

#21 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions, I've been looking up all the products and more, love a bit of research :)

Anyone used Angelwax Enigma QED Ceramic Detailing Spray in this way?

It was mentioned in another thread as possible but wondering if any real world usage?

#28 ·
The search continues.. :D

Maint wash today (VERY impressed with AW fastfoam), 2bm, rinsed, sprayed QED on the wet roof, one mf to spread, one to buff - all it seemed I was doing was moving the water/product around.

So then dried roof and bonnet, applied the QED again but took a massive amount of buffing to get to finish, which was admittedly very nice. It was a cold day so didn't expect it to be easy but this was tough.

Broke out the BSD for the doors and boot, very much easier with the spread and buff.

I'll definitely use QED again and look forward to trying it in different circumstances but not for me. for this specific use, in this weather.

#33 ·
Slightly off topic but kind of related, how are you using the BSD on a wet car? Just trying to sheet most of the water off, spray a few sprays on, use an ever wetter MF to spread and then using a dry one to buff?

Recently got some BSD and impressed already but this sounds like it could be a good time saver and a bit of drying lubrication

#36 ·
I like the ability to dry and add some shine in one stage.

Recent things I've used are BSD, Bead Juice, AG Smooth Velvet so that kind of thing.

Don't care what it's labelled as, be it sealant, qd or whatever, not fussed on longevity as it'll go on most washes.

Go... :)
Five weeks ago our car got the winterprep with FK1000p as LSP. But for after washes i use Serious Performance Ultra Gloss Show Detailer V3. Great shine, car looks just waxed, tight round beads, and you can layer it - a 2nd layer gives you a longer protection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.