Detailing World Forum banner

Seat Leon Technology 2014 clean & decontamination session

10K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  mb1 
#1 ·
So, we managed to pick our new to us car a couple of weeks ago and I got half a chance to get cracked on with some work on it to get it more like the standards I expect :) plan of attack with the time I had available and other things that were to be done as well (have the scree replaced & sell my other Leon) meant I'd not get any polishing done :(

Friday night I manage do get a full wash done, debadge it and then give it a hit with tar & glue remover and fallout before some friends came around for tea

p.s them screwfix lights are well worth their money :lol:

Saturday morning 7:30AM I was back up and at it with plans for another quick wash over and then spend most of the morning the morning claying the paint before Autoglass came to fit me a new screen. fortunately, they didn't come while 10 o'clock which was just about enough time to the front end done with another quick wash and I ended up drying it while he was still setting up. This only left me the boot lid and rear bumper to do while he was fitting the window and avoided getting the screen wet too! :D

No longer had he gone the buyer for the FR turned up pegging me back even further. Knowing I had to be done for 1:30PM I cracked the DA out to apply the glaze and then went over it with some Obsession Wax Dynasty (only managed to get 1 coat down)

My products used list looks like this:
Simoniz wash and wax shampoo
KKD blizzard snowfoam
KKD brakeaway wheel cleaner
AD just the tonic T&G remover
KKD FeRRUM fallout remover
Bilt Hamber medium clay
AD reaper drying towel
Demon Shine QD as a drying aid
KKD regloss
Liquid Elements red pad
Obsession Wax dynasty
AF satin
IPA @ 1:3
AngelWax H2GO

Here's a few pictures too as we all know these threads are useless without a mass of photo's so here you go :D

just been told I'm home alone tonight too so hopefully the bits I wanted to correct will get done under the lights ;)

See less See more
#6 ·
I know Neil I've just checked the forecast properly, it's just about cleared here but like you say I don't think it's worth chancing it....... I'll just take the wheels off then and seal them for winter. I ain't sitting in the house watching trash on telly :lol:

#8 ·
Cheers Phil! It's certainly a nice change for me from black :lol:

Very easy once you get used to it, I've been using it around 2 years I'd guess now and find its best to apply/remove a couple of panels at a time instead of leaving for 7 mins which I think the bottle states as it can get a bit grabby after that, definitely one of the better filling glazes I've used tbh and does add something extra to the finish!

#10 ·
so we didn't get any polishing done with the storm coming our way last night so decided on taking the wheels off for a proper clean and sealed them up

as you can see the fronts are ok and didn't need doing as they were only done Saturday :)

yep they were minging on the backs, i'd be confident in saying they've never been cleaned in 40000 miles that they've covered :(

and here's the weapons of choice for tonight

KKD brakeaway (non acidic wheel cleaner) diluted 1:10
KKD devils juice (acidic wheel cleaner) diluted 1:3
KKD FeRRUM (fallout remover)
Autobrite Direct just the tonic ( tar & glue remover)

a quick hit of brakeaway got the thickest of the dirt off and left this

an hit with devils juice to get some of the more stubborn stuff off then left this

now time for FeRRUM to get to work

the wheels were then pretty clean tbh apart from some stubborn tar spots and glue from old wheel weights

then after a quick wash down and rinse we had clean wheels :D

and finally all sealed up with an interesting product choice for wheels...... soft99 fusso coat, but I know it's very durable and I've always been intrigued to see if it will stand up to brake dust etc so I'll keep an eye on this one

anyway here they are all sealed up read to go back on :)

and finally finished the tyres off with a coat of Obsession Wax nero ;)

I've only added photos of 2 wheels as they were all the same really so just got cracked on with the second lot without stopping for pictures :) all in all it took me 2:45hrs from taking the first nut cover off to putting the last one back on which isn't a bad turn around time really imo

#12 ·
#25 ·
It's a lovely motor tbf, if it wasn't for the insurance costs for the OH I'd have got an FR again as I miss the power from my mk2 already!

With the Mrs at work and the little one at her nana's it's oretty much one of the only chances I can get anything done uninterrupted, plus it keeps me out of the house too :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.