Detailing World Forum banner

Halfords selling megs yellow bucket £7

14K views 39 replies 29 participants last post by  st1965 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd let people know. I thought it was a good price and there a great little addition to any Detailing collection. Try also stick the grit guard to go with it.

#5 ·
Got one of these buckets today as a third bucket for doing wheels to save me emptying and refilling, they do seem quite sturdy. The grit guards that can be bought to accompany them seem good, I didn't buy one but could see that the tabs are fixed and won't continually fall off like they do on my other current grit guards.

#7 ·
Online these are currently showing as being £7.65 when bought with a Trade card (£7.20 without), however I paid just £6.12 for one in the Northallerton store today using my Trade card. Always worth double checking the Trade pricing as sometimes their systems seem to go a bit crazy.

#13 ·
These came up as £7.48 with my Trade card, still a good bit dearer that the Scratch Shield ones can be bought for. The thing that I like about the Meguiars' ones is that they are a single plastic piece, the tabs are forever falling off on my Scratch Shield ones and it gets a bit frustrating - I should really get them cable tied together.

#23 ·
I got a couple of these a few weeks back from ECP. Use with the grit guards I already had and got a couple of lids from ebay. Quality buckets for no money and make great seats with the lids. Handy when doing the wheels. Also picked up some black WASH & RINSE stickers from eBay to make things perfect!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.