Detailing World Forum banner

Drying off and water marks

34K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  Radish293 
#1 ·
Hi to all,I'm a newbie in the cambuslang area,I've been taking care of my own :)cars for years at an amateur level/weekend warrior type of thing,I can easily spend hours on my own car and I'm sure that we all have one thing in common,our love of cars and car care,I have pretty much got the wash process down to a T,however I'm still struggling with the drying side of things,I've just got rid of a black car and believe it or not have bought another black car as I like the colour,I felt that my old black car was pretty marked with towel drying,I've had my new car 2 weeks and have been reluctant to towel dry it,just hosing it off but it leaves a lot of water marks that I'm scared to remove in case I scratch or scuff the clear coat,I was wondering if there was any armature enthusiasts like myself who love doing this stuff at the weekends in the local or surrounding area would care to show me the correct way,maybe we could meet up some weekend,thanx in advance,:)

#33 ·
I agree with the water but. I use the watering can method for a final rinse. Annoyingly I’ve done a self build where a water harvesting system was part of the plan. With a 5000l tank planned. Would have given me plenty of stored water. But the final cost which included digging in the tank made a massive impact on build budget so it got binned. Shame I wish I had it now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.