Detailing World Forum banner

Mini Cooper s exhaust

34K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  Mark@PD 
#1 · (Edited)
Hope this is in the right place, well it is for advice!! Recently got an r56 mcs and am loving it, its in good condition but the only thing letting it down is the tailpipes. What's people's suggestions, I've got fallout remover (tried), wheel cleaner(tried), tar remover, old bottle of ag metal polish and a clay mitt. I have got a dremel with the felt polishing pads so was thinking of using that with the metal polish, sound like a good idea?

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Grille Electronic instrument Audio equipment

Gas Composite material Audio equipment Auto part Metal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
I have a milltek system on my r53 cooper s.

Polished it yesterday with wilkos fine wirewool and a paint polish lol.

unfortunately didn't have any metal polish or autosol which I like to use.

Came up a treat though! did the tailpipes and back boxes was tempted to go further under the car and do the midsection

#11 ·
After what seems forever, I finally found some time to have a crack at getting the tail pipes on the mini polished up, still need some work but happy for now, think I need to get a flap disc for my dremel to remove all the crud inside, but that's for another day!!

#17 ·
Things have definitely improved again today, but still more to do!! Today's tools included brass then wire bristle brush, oooo grade wool and autoglym metal polish!! Still think I'm going to get a wire wheel for my dremel

How it started

A week ago

Today's efforts

#23 ·
The chrome tips are effectively a slide over part, the outside part I'm fine with, has polished up great, just need to remove the crude build up just inside the lip (not chrome finished, but would still like it presentable), an hour on my knees with wire wool and polish got me here, going to get a wheel to save my knees and I'll have a look at the britemax stuff

Just inside the lip is what I want to make good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.