Detailing World Forum banner

Name a movie you've watched over five times and you're still entertained by it?

32K views 151 replies 115 participants last post by  Peter77 
#1 ·
Well movie fans on here, as my title suggests, for me it's Predetor, Arnies classic line "if it bleeds,we can kill it"

#90 ·
Loads of good films already listed here and many i would watch over and over again, a few i would mention is

Oldschool

American pie films (only the original cast ones though not the add ons).

Dumb and dumber,

Paul.

Theres tons more but just some off the top of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#91 ·
Saving Private Ryan, Shindlers list, Gladiator, Braveheart, The Prestige, Batman series (Christian Bale), Harry Potters, Edge of Tomorrow, Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump... The list is endless. Recent movie I watched was Baby Driver, that was absolutely fantastic as well.

#98 ·
Very sad, but heho I am a softy:
Pretty Woman 10+ times
Forest Gump
Stripes 10+ times and still makes me smile

Deer hunter
Convoy (at least 20x)
Smokey and the bandit (see above)
The first Rocky and the first Terminator
One flew over the cuckoos nest, probably Jack Nicholson best performance ever!

#102 ·
Lord of the Rings Trilogy (extended editions only) , Bladerunner , The Burbs , Tucker and Dale vs evil (still cracks me up every time) , LeMans , oh god too many to mention tbh, but that's my top ones that I can remember.

And since its getting nearer the good old holiday season you just can't get bored of National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.
James.

#103 ·
I can't watch movies myself five times alone. I won't be excited at all ... I'm more of an explorer, I want to see new things.

BUT ... I could watch something silly like Monty Python Movies while in a somewhat tipsy state (what we Swiss call tipsy. Not the stark mad flaming drunk state that counts as tipsy in the UK :p).

#107 ·
Zulu - I've watched is most years since it came out on VHS/DVD and TV before that.
Lawrence of Arabia - Ditto
The Ipcress file & Funeral in Berlin - dozens of times
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - for when I really need a laugh
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - The original TV series (the film is good but not a patch on the series)

#115 ·
Loads and loads.

Off the top of my head though; basically any war film but some of the favourites are below:

Where Eagles Dare
The Hunt for Red October
The Dambusters
Battle of Britain
Murder at 1600
A Bridge Too Far
Castaway
Pulp Fiction
Shawshank Redemption

TV:

Band Of Brothers
Men Behaving Badly
Only Fools and Horses
Porridge
Fawlty Towers
Friends

I've got 700+ DVDs and pretty much enjoy them when I'm not at work.

#118 ·
We all like fast cars and big explosions (and apparently Eastern European ladies?) but for repeated viewing I prefer something a little more thought provoking. A few that haven’t been mentioned but should be compulsory viewing and once watched, I guarantee it won’t be just once. Enjoy these highly underrated classics.

Million Dollar Baby, makes me cry every time but it’s about boxing and has Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman, so it’s allowed.

Gran Torino, another Eastwood work that is just mesmerising

The Last Samurai, who doesn’t like a TC film? This one is a bit heavier than most though, but very well done. Honourable mention to Billy Connelly ‘with all due respect captain sir, stick it up your ****’

Unbreakable, everyone knows the twist in the tale in Sixth Sense, but this lesser known work from the same M Night Shyamalan has an equally potent kick that you won’t see coming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.