Detailing World Forum banner

Best wax less than £35

17K views 40 replies 32 participants last post by  IanG 
#1 ·
I am looking for a wax giving a high gloss finish on a Seat Leon FR Mystery blue metallic.
I have prepped the paint ,clay M&K Pure, Seal just need a wax. My budget won't allow any more cash at the moment. Must be easy to use.

Looking forward to the suggestions

#2 · (Edited)
Fusso is a sealent but is a good option, easy to use so long as you apply it a couple of panels at a time, not the whole car at once...

Chemical guys butter wet wax is OK gives a nice finish very easy to use

Bilt hamber DSW and fini wax are good

R222 will give you the best looking finish in my opinion but it will be VERY short lived, maybe a week or two at a push

Optimum car wax gives a great finish and lasts for a few months two, it's in a spray form so it's the easiest to use IMO

Fk1000 is another good one aswell, more of a sealent though.... Too many to list!

#11 ·
You can actually get quite a few very good waxes for up to £35 so I wouldn't worry about your budget in that sense, it's perfectly healthy for a wax.

Like others, I'd offer up Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax. It's got great durability, is easy enough to apply (cool panel, out of direct sun) and the tin also lasts forever so it's economical.

Probably the only tip I would give is that when they say 'wait till it dries to a haze then buff off', you want to be buffing it off the moment you see it starting to haze. If you wait till the whole panel is completely hazed over you will find yourself fighting it's natural durability to buff it off.

#13 ·
Just to add, BH DSW is cheap and gives good results.

I’ve just bought some G3 super gloss wax for father in law as supposed to be easy to apply and give great results.

AG HD wax is very good or their new UHD wax if you can get it on offer or sale is supposed to be even better...

#18 ·
Hundreds of waxes out there.

Enjoyment aside, there's not loads if difference imo. Apart from pricing that is.
Very sound advice to be fair, usually the marketing is the only difference. It's all in the prep before the wax application so do your prep well and just close your eyes and pick a wax as it won't make huge differences.

I don't believe that using a 35 quid wax offers that much difference to using one of the so called boutique waxes as a significantly higher price. Maybe some are a touch easier to apply but that is it imo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.