Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General > Detailing Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Detailing Chat Got a detailing related question that doesn't fit in any other section? Post it in here. Sponsored by CleanYourCar

Old 16-06-2018, 10:03 PM   #11
A&J
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,195 Times in 869 Posts
Perfectly normal...I bet lots of us (at least I) run out of the house into torrential rainfall just to see the beads fall of the car...several times
A&J is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A&J For This Useful Post:
budgetplan1 (17-06-2018), Plank (17-06-2018)
Old 16-06-2018, 11:13 PM   #12
wayne451
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
I am the same - I love ordering a replacement and a chance to try something new perhaps

All of my neighbours think I am nuts! Almost every day I am out cleaning something - it's normal behaviour for me

Think it’s because I feel it’s not going to waste? I have stuff for the car coming out of my ears. Keep trying to run it down but it’s not really working.

In terms of ‘sad’ things I’ve done;
* Cleaned the pedal rubbers with a tooth brush then put solution finish on them.
* Used metal polish inside the exhaust.
* Cleaned the factory foot mats that are built in to the carpet then used AG trim gel on it even though they’re covered by mats.
* Took the wheel trims off to clean inside them, even used fallout remover on the rear of them and then put FK1000P on the inside of them.

I think the thing that struck me as going OTT was a guy on here who took his front wings off to clean inside of them? No insult intended to whoever it was, I just remember thinking ‘he makes me look normal!’
wayne451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 11:20 PM   #13
westerman
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne451 View Post
Think it’s because I feel it’s not going to waste? I have stuff for the car coming out of my ears. Keep trying to run it down but it’s not really working.

In terms of ‘sad’ things I’ve done;
* Cleaned the pedal rubbers with a tooth brush then put solution finish on them.
* Cleaned the factory foot mats that are built in to the carpet then used AG trim gel on it even though they’re covered by mats.
* Took the wheel trims off to clean inside them, even used fallout remover on the rear of them and then put FK1000P on the inside of them.

I think the thing that struck me as going OTT was a guy on here who took his front wings off to clean inside of them? No insult intended to whoever it was, I just remember thinking ‘he makes me look normal!’
Nice one, great to know things are clean, even when you can't see them. I'm a big fan of the saying "If you want to keep it, keep it clean"

Harry
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2018, 01:02 AM   #14
gishy
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfourate View Post
My neighbours think i'm nuts.

A few weeks ago i fitted a gas-strut to the bonnet of one of our cars and a small piece of a plastic clip broke off and was rattling around inside the bonnet.

So just as i was out there with the hoover connected to small piece of hose; trying to retrieve said piece of plastic - one of the neighbours drives past. I caught him shaking his head. I'm guessing he was thinking i was 'hoovering' under the hood as such. Oh well......
Not just the neighbours, the look from the wife when I explained why I had bought a carpet type mat to protect the factory mats already fitted to the car
gishy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gishy For This Useful Post:
Plank (17-06-2018), sevenfourate (17-06-2018)
Old 17-06-2018, 01:08 AM   #15
Stoner
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne451 View Post
* Cleaned the factory foot mats that are built in to the carpet then used
I have done both of these...often. Makes me wonder if this is the reason my Mrs gives me one of "those looks" when I say I am popping out to the garage...
Stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2018, 04:41 AM   #16
lijongtao
Washmitt Meister

My neighbour is always doing his garden, especially his hedge with scissors, he's obsessed and I say nothing to him. My buckets come out and all the usual comments are flying across the road. One man's hobby is another man's boredom. I don't garden, crosswords, collect stamps or am I football mad, but I enjoy cleaning the car. (the end result anyway)

You do your thing Harry. I think you're perfectly sane. Mind, I am no judge of sanity really but I think you're good.
lijongtao is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lijongtao For This Useful Post:
boost monster (15-08-2018), rob267 (17-06-2018), westerman (17-06-2018)
Old 17-06-2018, 10:12 AM   #17
MrPassat
Sponge Jockey

It shouldn’t be ‘how sad are you as a detailer’ but ‘how happy are you as a detailer’.
It feels good, just do it!

I love looking at the reflections on a freshly polished car, or the deep black look of freshly dressed tyres...even if the effect is spoilt after the first drive.
MrPassat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrPassat For This Useful Post:
sevenfourate (17-06-2018)
Old 17-06-2018, 11:33 AM   #18
pt1
PC Perfectionist

Ha ha brilliant.can't beat watching a bit of beading action.i have just moved into a new home....already,im the guy that is always cleaning his car

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
pt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pt1 For This Useful Post:
sevenfourate (17-06-2018)
Old 17-06-2018, 12:06 PM   #19
sevenfourate
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPassat View Post
It shouldn’t be ‘how sad are you as a detailer’ but ‘how happy are you as a detailer’.
It feels good, just do it!

I love looking at the reflections on a freshly polished car, or the deep black look of freshly dressed tyres...even if the effect is spoilt after the first drive.
Absolutely.

I can spend hours outside, radio on, in the sun - achieving 'nothing' in some peoples eyes.

But i love it !
sevenfourate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sevenfourate For This Useful Post:
Plank (17-06-2018), TonyH38 (17-06-2018)
Old 17-06-2018, 03:36 PM   #20
Plank
Sponge Jockey

I went from couldn't be bothered using a local car cleaners to getting a new car and buying every product under the sun, spending as much time on my new baby (car lol) as is possible, love it
Every product has a place and coloured MF assigned, never realised I could be this organised,
It's just getting products ordered under the other halfs radar
Just got me Kranzle and to her just another PW.....Little did she know I had it specially made ;-)

Keep up good work : Thumb

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Plank is offline   Reply With Quote