Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General > Detailing Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Detailing Chat Got a detailing related question that doesn't fit in any other section? Post it in here. Sponsored by CleanYourCar

Old 23-06-2018, 08:59 AM   #31
Andy G
PC Perfectionist

I don't get the chance or time do do a weekly wash now little one is five !
But still get great pleasure when I'm out at 6.30 on a weekend when able, to get both cars cleaned before the other half and little one are awake and up, even it it rains soon after!
The other half just doesn't get the satisfaction and 'me' time I get from doing it
Andy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2018, 09:13 AM   #32
sevenfourate
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy G View Post
I don't get the chance or time do do a weekly wash now little one is five !
But still get great pleasure when I'm out at 6.30 on a weekend when able, to get both cars cleaned before the other half and little one are awake and up, even it it rains soon after!
The other half just doesn't get the satisfaction and 'me' time I get from doing it
Absolutely about the 'me time'; and of course early doors this time of year being a superb time to be out and alive !

5am start for me today to avoid the sun. I'd got all gear out, cleaned badges with detailing brush, cleaned wheels, Bilberied wheels, rinsed them off, snow foamed the car and rinsed that off by the time my first neighbour appeared just before 6.

To be honest i was a little peeved he was up and about and breaking 'my' tranquility
sevenfourate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2018, 09:42 AM   #33
Andy G
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfourate View Post

To be honest i was a little peeved he was up and about and breaking 'my' tranquility
I know what you mean
Andy G is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andy G For This Useful Post:
sevenfourate (23-06-2018)
Old 23-06-2018, 11:10 AM   #34
olliewills
Washmitt Meister

Garage
My boy is fast approaching 2 years old and yeah, it's hard to find dedicated time to spend on the car. Most of the time I spend on her these days is during lunch breaks in work.

I've got a whole bunch of DIY to do today in the hopes that tomorrow I'll have an hour or two free to bucket wash the car, in addition to the usual time-friendly snow foam she gets once a week.

In terms of being sad, sometimes I just open it front door and look at the car, for no particular reason....
olliewills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2018, 12:28 PM   #35
westerman
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

(double posted, sorry )

Last edited by westerman; 23-06-2018 at 12:30 PM.
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2018, 12:29 PM   #36
westerman
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliewills View Post
My boy is fast approaching 2 years old and yeah, it's hard to find dedicated time to spend on the car. Most of the time I spend on her these days is during lunch breaks in work.

I've got a whole bunch of DIY to do today in the hopes that tomorrow I'll have an hour or two free to bucket wash the car, in addition to the usual time-friendly snow foam she gets once a week.

In terms of being sad, sometimes I just open it front door and look at the car, for no particular reason....
Hi Ollie, I remember having 2 young daughters and the time they take up. Not sure car detailing had been invented back then

One thing for sure, don't despair I can recommend retirement and all the freedom it brings and in my case, certainly, the enthusiasm never dies

Harry
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to westerman For This Useful Post:
Plank (23-06-2018)
Old 23-06-2018, 06:01 PM   #37
olliewills
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by westerman View Post
Hi Ollie, I remember having 2 young daughters and the time they take up. Not sure car detailing had been invented back then

One thing for sure, don't despair I can recommend retirement and all the freedom it brings and in my case, certainly, the enthusiasm never dies

Harry
It'd probably be wrong of me to start wishing my life away hoping for retirement, but I will nonetheless look forward to that freedom!
Old 23-06-2018, 07:00 PM   #38
clubber01
Washmitt Meister

I love it when rain beads off the windscreen when I'm driving and I don't need to use my wipers
clubber01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to clubber01 For This Useful Post:
Plank (23-06-2018)
Old 13-07-2018, 09:51 PM   #39
olliewills
Washmitt Meister

Garage
I reckon this thread has the potential to be a long-runner akin to the likes of 'what detailing did you to today?'.

I'll get us restarted.

I'm genuinely, to my core, excited about the arrival on Monday of my first ever pack of black mamba gloves and am desperately hoping that it won't be a case of 'never meet your idols'.

It occurred to me the other day when drying the tiles around our bath at home after a shower, that I was folding the towel into four and wetting it before use. (In my defence, it is a microfibre towel).
Old 13-07-2018, 10:03 PM   #40
blurb
PC Perfectionist

Just went out in the rain to check how the beading is holding up on the car. A bit patchy is the answer, so planning to try BSD applied to a wet car tomorrow with a 50/50 of Done & Dusted on the bonnet to find out if I can see the reputed bling of D&D.
blurb is offline   Reply With Quote