Detailing World Forum banner

Auto-Foam

11K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  bradleymarky 
#1 ·
Thought I would try a no contact wash. Quater fill foam lance bottle, top with warm water,Spray car ( had 3/4 of it left usually its all gone) so left it couple min Sprayed again. Put wash buckets away, sprayed again. Jet wash off . this is what I GOT. Over kill. With foam I know, but not been washed for 3 week's M/way & daily drive through roadworks. I'm very impressed. Thanks for a great product fellas

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
I would have thought that dilution was a little low.

400-500ml/l seems to be average to get the 4% dilution on the vehicle. (Washer dependent obviously)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Just a first time try. So I'm impressed, but as I say I went round the car 4 times. That could be the reason. You don't get a thick. Snow foam.its thinner than say Auto finess. But very pleased

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
AutoFoam is great in a foam lance bottle hooked up to the pressure washer.

1.5" - 2" of AutoWash in a 500ml lance will give a good mix.

Results are superb, better than anything I've ever used, but at strong dilutions it can strip you wax/sealant to a certain extent.

Great on the underside of the car in winter though

#7 ·
In fairness, two of us here have given the OP some measurements for using different methods of application without having to search somewhere else sifting through piles of posts that really aren't relevant to him.

These suggestions are in HIS thread. :thumb:

1/4 fill that he used first time and having loads left would mean its too strong, but running too much water through, hence use less AutoFoam and a stronger dilution with the dial on the lance.

#11 ·
I didn't quote anyone, i assumed it was obvious which people my post was referring to ;)

And yes that measurement will give 4% PIR for a regular garden sprayer thingy, but the 10 minutes thing isn't good advice, BHAF works a lot faster and isn't designed to work over the course of ten minutes.

#20 ·
I've tried autofoam through a lance and through a pump sprayer, i prefer to use it through the lance for a couple of reasons.

It's quicker to apply.

You get a more positive application especially when windy.

It's easier to see where you have coverage.

It can dwell longer without worrying about it drying.

I use what I have mixed up in the pump to spray the door jambs etc.

I don't see any difference in cleaning ability.

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#21 ·
You get a more positive application especially when windy.
++

This is the one downside of pump spray application for me - I have ways to mitigate everything else, but getting a faceful of Auto Foam mist is not an experience I enjoy. Applying with a foam lance is a wee bit less economical but at least I don't have to worry about my eyes!

#22 ·
I'm less than impressed with Auto foam, had 80ml in a pump sprayer topped up with warm water and left on the car for around 10 minutes.

Rinsed off after 10 minutes with a pressure washer and it looks like I haven't even cleaned the car.

Wish I hadn't even bothered! I'll be sticking to AG Bodywork Shampoo in future with the 2bm method.

#24 · (Edited)
Hi Matt,

I'm aware of that but during the winter, I planned just to do Auto Foam and rinse to keep the car as clean as possible. (I do around 250-300 miles a week so my car gets grimy).

I was expecting a lot more from Auto Foam, but it hardly looks like it's been touched.

I'll just go back to my original method of rinsing the car first and then 2bm, as there is very little difference using Auto Foam.

#29 ·
Tried Auto Foam over the weekend for the first time. Using my mesto pump sprayer had the easier maths dilution ratio and the added bonus of foam.

The only draw back using the Mesto was the amount of times you had to pump the thing.

I think I'll try it out with the lance next time, make life much easier.

Has anyone tried this through the lance and with hot/warm water?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.