Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Interior & Glass
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Interior & Glass Discuss All your Interior Issue - Dash - Seats and All the Car Glass Areas - Interior Dressing, Leather etc

Old 09-06-2018, 09:28 AM   #21
Poul
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderall View Post
Yes I thought you probably meant it with polarised glasses i need varifocal lens i have reactor lite lens for changing light conditions

When i use a standard distance glass i find close up such as speed and mirrors a bit poor, not really sure if polarised glass would offer the ease of use but i will think about them

Many thanks
I use the same kind of glasses like you and have a lot of reflection from my jazz mk3 but i use clip on polaroid on my glasses and the solve everything, bought them the same place ass my glasses for around 30 £. Very easy to use
Poul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 12:38 PM   #22
Borderall
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poul View Post
I use the same kind of glasses like you and have a lot of reflection from my jazz mk3 but i use clip on polaroid on my glasses and the solve everything, bought them the same place ass my glasses for around 30 £. Very easy to use
Now that is also a very good idea in truth I stopped getting polaroid glasses while i was doing photography as a hobby made the view finder a real pain. Something i could remove easily would be handy. I’ll have a check at the shop see if they sell any that will fit

Thank you
Borderall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 03:30 PM   #23
westerman
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

I use ODK Cabin and it's a nice 'new car' finish, matt with a slight satin. It doesn't reflect. Mind you a lot depends on what car you have. There are so many different materials and expanses of plastic.

I discovered Angelwax Vision which is an awesome glass cleaner and banishes streaks and grease. I agree, keeping the glass clean helps hugely.

Harry
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:55 PM   #24
Borderall
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by westerman View Post
I use ODK Cabin and it's a nice 'new car' finish, matt with a slight satin. It doesn't reflect. Mind you a lot depends on what car you have. There are so many different materials and expanses of plastic.

I discovered Angelwax Vision which is an awesome glass cleaner and banishes streaks and grease. I agree, keeping the glass clean helps hugely.

Harry
Thanks Harry as a new member i find it remarkable how many solutions and products are available, then everyone uses a differing solution

Allan
The Following User Says Thank You to Borderall For This Useful Post:
westerman (13-06-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 09:00 AM   #25
dannyd21
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by westerman View Post

Harry
I agree with this also, I recently found Angelwax vision and it is AMAZING stuff!!

I haven't found a glass cleaner this good!
dannyd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dannyd21 For This Useful Post:
Borderall (12-06-2018), westerman (13-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 07:39 AM   #26
Borderall
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyd21 View Post
I agree with this also, I recently found Angelwax vision and it is AMAZING stuff!!

I haven't found a glass cleaner this good!
I have recently ordered the Angelwax vision and also the matt dash so looking forward to the results. Great knowing others find the product good though
Old 13-06-2018, 09:54 AM   #27
dannyd21
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
I have recently ordered the Angelwax vision and also the matt dash so looking forward to the results. Great knowing others find the product good though
Did my friends Merc, where he had used an inferior product and it had marked the windscreen with a white running cloud.

I couldn't believe how well the product cleaned the windows!!
The Following User Says Thank You to dannyd21 For This Useful Post:
Borderall (13-06-2018)
Old 13-06-2018, 03:01 PM   #28
Borderall
Sponge Jockey

Well pleased to say i tried my new angelwax vision today i found it very good indeed and my white cloth was certainly dirtier than i had expected

I hope my gtechniq arrives soon and ill get the dash done see if that solves the issue though i am expecting to need polaroid clip on glasses
Old 13-06-2018, 04:17 PM   #29
dannyd21
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Well pleased to say i tried my new angelwax vision today i found it very good indeed and my white cloth was certainly dirtier than i had expected

I hope my gtechniq arrives soon and ill get the dash done see if that solves the issue though i am expecting to need polaroid clip on glasses
I use polaroid sunglasses for when i'm driving and the difference is unbelievable!

I don't get fatigue as much as when driving without, because I'm not straining to see.
Old 14-06-2018, 10:00 AM   #30
virgiltracey
Washmitt Meister

Dash reflection is a real issue in racing conditions and this is why you'll see race cars with dashboards that are flocked in tiny felt fibres as they don't reflect the light as well (much like the suggestion of a black microfibre cloth earlier in the thread)

flocking is big step for a family car and probably not needed, but why not look into a dash matt? something like this?

cheap enough to try and might really help with the reflection.
virgiltracey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to virgiltracey For This Useful Post:
Borderall (14-06-2018)

Tags
dash