Detailing World Forum banner

Best in Show is Race Glaze 55 !

11K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  RaceGlazer 
#1 ·
Another highly prestigious Concours win on Saturday, Best in Show for a T2 at the Bentley Drivers Club National Concours prepared by Nigel Tipping for its owner, using Race Glaze 55. He rang me today to say how delighted the owner was and how he's hoping for a win with a Cobra this coming weekend....I'll keep you posted.

And I had the pleasure of applying some 55 to a freshly restored 8 Litre at the Concours - did a great job of improving shine and filling in some very early washing abrasions.

Also got me thinking how many folks on here have waxed (production) cars with bigger engines (struggling to think what is bigger as a starter anyway)? Any offers ?

#2 ·
Brilliant news mate, try and get some pics up!

Ive got '55' aswell, find it can be bit of a pain sometimes to apply and mainly remove, I normally do 1 to 2 panels at a time and then remove, what do you find works best for applying and how long before you remove?
Cheers:thumb:

#3 ·
Am on the hunt for pics, don't worry !

I think you're doing too much and therefore leaving it on too long. On Saturday, when the car was so hot my fingers burned, 2 minutes was the limit, so on an ordinary day in the shade, cool paint, 5-8 minutes is about right. So I'd say a panel at a time, bonnets in 2 or 3 sections.
You can do a bigger area if you use a pad (over hand application), but if it does cure too quick for you, just apply a very thin layer on top and it will reactivate.

#11 ·
I've just washed, clayed and Signature pre-waxed about a third of my own car tonight, did the bonnet/front last week, may get the doors done tomorrow to finish the job off, and naturally used 55, smugly congratulating myself on how well it finished off the job. Though I have to say the Pre-Wax left it looking really deep before I got round to the wax stage - now thats a product that is a delight to use.

This has got nothing to do with dropping in to see a detailing studio on Monday....

#12 ·
Also got me thinking how many folks on here have waxed (production) cars with bigger engines (struggling to think what is bigger as a starter anyway)? Any offers ?
I can't get any bigger than an 8 litre... but I have two 4 litres and a supercharger if that counts.... :p

Congrats on another first place!

:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.