Detailing World Forum banner

Race Glaze Black Label Concours Wax

12K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  Brazo 
#1 · (Edited)
Here are... the pics !! (added when the thread got to page 2 so maybe doesn't make sense)

We are delighted to now launch Race Glaze Signature Black Label Concours Car Wax - a truly premium hand crafted fine Carnauba wax for the true connoisseur.

Its unmistakeable padded black box reveals a handsome and weighty solid billet aluminium jar, bespoke manufactured for our flagship product. Feel its weight (600g) and luxurious silken anodised finish - it really does feel the part.

The O-ring sealed lid is laser etched to make Black Label unmistakeable. Turn the masculine lid, redolent of a Ferrari oil filler cap, to reveal 270ml of smooth, white Carnauba and oil rich soft wax. At over 66% Carnauba content by volume, compare its technical spec, which is silicone-free too, with other waxes costing hundreds or even thousands of pounds more. Its consistency is relatively granular.
Each jar, which is refillable by Race Glaze, should coat 40-50 cars with a deeply reflective, nourishing and warm glow, leaving it looking literally wet to the touch. Its protective capability, tight water beading and longevity are assured ( PB have tested it and its been on my own car for over 3 months). Its careful formulation allows a huge proportion of a car to be waxed before effortless buffing off - sometimes a full car.

Each jar carries a watermarked Certificate of Authenticity, your guarantee of the finest ingredients skilfully blended and poured by hand in limited quantities. Product price is £275, refills are £200. Please note that this product will NOT be available as samples.

The wax will ship by the end of next week, c. 23 July. Orders are now being taken by us and our Authorised Resellers worldwide. Some may not have the product live on their websites but will happily take orders by phone ! You can contact us by e-mail or PM.

See less See more
#19 ·
Looks like a very nice presentation Mark :thumb:

But I wouldn't want to 'drop' such a lovely pot ;)... I'd want to 'keep' it in the original pot and transfer some of the wax into a usable plastic container that if I did drop wouldn't break.

But maybe it's just sad old me that worries about this sort of thing :lol:

#23 · (Edited)
The jar isn't by any stretch flimsy- you can see the indent on the side to aid grip so can gauge thickness from there, and it has a rubber O ring on the base too to stop it slipping, so I suspect you'd dent your foot/driveway/garage floor before it broke. Am pleased to see some pics emerging now too.
I hope the desirability of the jar shows the thought we've put into the wax too.

#24 ·
Steve - interesting to hear that.
I have also picked up a couple of boxes of the Megs 4" Cutting pads, so we will now do packs of 1 each of the cutting, polishing and finishing pads for £20, or any two for £14. Normally they come in a 2 pack of the same pads.
Not got this on site yet so call, PM or drop in !
(On that note, personal callers are welcome at our office and warehouse just north of Peterborough, 5 mins off the A1 - just check we have in stock what you were considering buying first to save a possibly wasted trip.)

#30 ·
Interesting. (here comes the double entendre of the day :lol:) Is it much stiffer now than the one I got to try then? Because mine seems a little too soft consistancy for bare hand application, although I know it was a pre-production spec, and I've gone on record on here as not being a big fan of that method of wax application. Foam pad worked great for me and facilitated a real smooth flow and thin layer from a very small amount on the pad.

Just curious as to why your R&D team think hand application will be the preferred method? as I think research on DW would indicate that even the high end waxes where a manufacturer will recommend that, in practice, owners of them will revert back to an applicator of some description.

Not doubting your research at all Mark :) just genuinely interested as to why this is.

#32 ·
me thinks I need some to "test" to comfirm your findings Mark LOL!!!! all the best with the wax as i know the rest of your products are amazing. looks like my prices will have to go up for a few weeks as I forecast a major spending spree coming!!!

#33 · (Edited)
I don't think you will be disappointed with the product, but as there is already a disorderly queue forming of volunteers to do some (unnecessary, and I presume, free) testing you may indeed have to offer a few select customers the opportunity to pay a supplement in order to get your hands on some....

#35 ·
We are accepting orders now on Morethanpolish for immediate despatch on arrival of the product, so there will be an almight rush to get the first car detailed and pics posted on here !
PS It is superb according to Clark, Roy, Viper...my opinion doesn't count !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.