Detailing World Forum banner

Race Glaze Safe Waffle Wash Sponge in stock

6K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  gally 
#1 · (Edited)
Fresh in today !

We're delighted to be able to launch today, with th earrival of first stocks, our new Waffle Safe wash Sponge.

Made out of 'very similar' dense silicone-free sponge to another leading brand, larger than alternatives and with a waffle profile on one main side, its perfect for safe washing, and UK made.

Plus, its white so you can see every bit of dirt and ensure its pristinely clean ready for use next time.

Size: 22cm long x 12cm long and 5.5cm thick

Only available from us directly at present, £4.50 each.

See: http://www.raceglaze.co.uk/car-care-exterior/wash/race-glaze-car-wash-sponge-white/

See less See more
#2 ·
Mark how much can these differ from wash mitts and normal sponges.

I'm looking into the zymol, dod juice sponges as i'm not getting a great cleaning process using my mitt at the moment.

The sponge is obviously going to get dirty, especially being white, the car can't be clean before you clean it obviously.

i'm just wondering how good these new sponges are because I actually want to use them if they're safe.

#3 ·
Normal sponges are made from very open foam with lots of big bubbles, these are very tight, closed bubble foams so can't provide a place for dirt to sit.

Being white you can make sure its clean before you wash each time, and at points through your wash as you check it. Very hard to do with any mitt.

Already had an order for 4 from a top pro who saw our prototype a few weeks back.

Can't possibly comment on other suppliers sponges, though the ones you mention retail at £6 and £9.95 respectively.

#10 ·
These are brand new so not going to be offered on a discount basis yet !

You can use which ever side you want tbh, the ideal sponge for the indecisive or someone who wants something different next time round without buying a new product..

A few folks have tried ours and the other one out before we made them in bulk. They were happy with them!

#11 ·
Is there a technical reason why one side is humped so to speak?
Im trying to understand where this shape can benefit on paintwork over the negatives of having to push harder to get full contact on the coverage , i know Dodo,s sponge is the same and should have asked Dom at the weekend. I did wonder if this foam is actually made for a different purpose in this design then cut up to make sponges which wasnt and isnt its core manufacturing reason.
Good price if people are happy with them..

#15 · (Edited)
I can 100% confirm that these sponges have been made specifically for the purpose solely for us using sheets of brand new foam. They are not a by-product from another process or a cheap foam job lot - they are a sustainable long term product for us.

The waffle design is made to differentiate it from a slightly smaller, yellow sponge which is on the market and also, so our thinking goes, that if you clean off your car a large item it will sit in the indent, away from the paint. Though this depends on how firm you are.

If you want full contact, use the other side - thats why we made each side different.

#16 ·
Mark you didn't need to say that about your reputation it was an honest question had I not asked you I would have asked Dom on the shape not specifically about your product.
Thanks for the reply and I'm sure someone would have been intrigued eventually by this shape seeing as traditional sponges sold for years have always been flat.
I shall endeavour to try one ;)

#23 ·
Well had it's first outing last week and I can say i'm suitably impressed. I feel more confident with it than I did with the mitt not sure why, must be the extra suds that the sponge gives.

It's quite robust and I never tore any pieces from it on the body although on a car with more edges it might be a problem like most sponges. :)

The only problem I find is the rinse bucket... it's pretty much full of suds because the sponge hold on to the suds much longer than a mitt does rinsing the sponge isn't easy. I was comparing them side by side and I feel a lot more confident with the sponge.

It's very very nice to use, lovely size and you can see where small particles get held away from the surface so it does it's job.

I'd like to see the sponge used on a corrected surface to see if any light marring occured obviously in most cases wash marring is always inflicted to some extent.

Good product though and if you like using a sponge then it's a grand product. Not sure if some pros are sceptical of sponges no matter what they are made of but I don't know the science behind them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.