Detailing World Forum banner

New from RG - soon ! Hybrid Blue

11K views 40 replies 10 participants last post by  southwest10 
#1 ·
More next week, but about to unleash this on the world.

Plus our first waterless product as previously trailed...

#6 · (Edited)
Its a best of both worlds product, so you'll get the gloss and warmth of a high grade white carnauba wax product but also the extra durability of the polymers.

We're expecting in excess of 6, 8 or possibly more months durability from it - obviously local conditions will vary performance but we're pricing it to sell in volume, hence the small intro size pots (we'll not be doing our £5 samples of this wax). We think its performance will be considerably in excess of the price.

#9 ·
Actually, you're going to be really surprised at the cost...this is going to settle quite nicely within the RG range and not break the bank.

Especially with the smaller jars.

There will be a very top end offering too, maybe in a week or so more, just working on the packaging for that.

#11 ·
#18 ·
Trying to keep up chaps:
1. Labels now ready so first orders shipping tomorrow with labels ready applied

2. 3 pence discount for applying your own labels but you will have to send photgraphic evidence that they are straight !

3. Scent is hard to say really - its not come out like I wanted, not unpleasant but a fairly neutral wax smell.

4. Comparing to 55 is probably not the best comparator - its more like 42 in terms of results, but ease of use is surprising. I applied it to a silver Fiesta bonnet for example on Tuesday night about 8:30pm when it was freezing cold - maybe 3 or 4 degrees, very damp in the air, and left it for only 5 minutes. The side I applied wax on first buffed off on first pass with a bog standard MF, the right side, which was applied a little thicker and slightly later, took 2 passes, but was still very easy. With 55 you'd have some holograms to deal with - this was different. I'd like to get the chance to try it in hot sunshine...not just to be warm myself but to understand it more.
Beading was of frozen light dew (or was it fog) - small tight beads.

5. Pricing - we wanted to provide a new type of wax in our range that would grab some attention in what is a crowded price point. I hope we'll acheive that.

#26 ·
How does the hybrid blue compare with the 4x4 in real use Mark? .

I tried a little sample of the 4x4 and was blown away with it!

Since then I have tried a couple of other hybrid wax's but they just didn't compare to the 4x4 in terms of quality or finish the only thing that's prevented me buying a large 4x4 wax is price to be honest.

Unfortunately my sample pot went missing before the whole car was polished & I was going to get another sample to do the car and see how long it gave protection, however the weather is now against me and that's not going to happen for a little while unless I'm passing by your unit in which case I will pop in to get another sample pot.

#28 ·
Sorry for absence, been in Belfast visiting, amongst others, Davy at Pro-Car in Carryduff, who will have the 100ml Hybrid Blue in stock in the next few days.

Hybrid Blue is a hard wax, first of all, 4x4 is a soft wax and so obvoiusly quite oily to apply. They use different additives, if you like, so 4x4 is more like Shield in that it uses PTFE-type fortifying agents, though is 48% white carnauba whereas the Swiss offering is 40%. 4x4s finish is very good, towards 55 really, but with 8 months durability on a single coat. Hybrid Blue uses different polymers, so without getting bogged down in the chemistry (and its 40% white carnauba - we only use white anyway) you will find broadly equivalent durability but differing results on different colours. I have only used it on a few different colours so far myself.

Hybrid Blue does perhaps need a little more effort to spread thinly, but I have to say its been a tad cold when I've been using it so perhaps thats unfair to say, but I can also infer that from it being harder to start with.

In terms of where our wax line-up will look when the next 2 waxes are out, I have to say that if you are looking for sub-£100 then buy Blue now. You will need a lot more cash to get into our new flagship waxes. A lot more. Though have we already sold one sight unseen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.