Detailing World Forum banner

New Foam Lance

7K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  RaceGlazer 
#1 ·
We've just got these new Snowfoam Lances in which might be of interest, as they are every bit as good as the usual ones but quite a bit cheaper and tougher.

If you already have a connector/adapter you wont need to pay for one bundled in, as we have separated them out.

Have a looksie here: http://www.raceglaze.co.uk/car-care-exterior/wash/snow-foam-lance-kit/

#5 ·
The new one weights 432g, the standard lance 419g.

Whats immediately obvious when looking at them side by side is that the new one is much fatter, more easily grippable and is rivetted in exactly the same way, with steel pins.

The 5 position adjustment is positive, needing a firm push round to position, so no slackness or iffy manufacturing tolerances in there either. The output end comprises two steel flaps, again same as the other one.

The input end of steel and the whole design is patented, so its not going to be an ill thought out Far East copy.

#10 · (Edited)
Said local chap here , had a go today with it on my k7- 120 kranzle and I found

it very good .

Where I would usually use neat product in the bottle on the hd lance and turn

the adjuster right down , on this new one on its lowest setting was producing

foam far too thick and didn't seem to be useing as much product whilst doing so

Im not sure but I suspect it adds more air into the mix than the hd lance thus producing a thicker foam for the amount of product used .

Bit thick with neat foam so added a bit of water to the bottle .

All washed off and finished

Then mothers mini , this time used a different foam just to see how it would work in this gun and mixed it 1 inch in bottom and then half filled bottle with water , tried it on all settings and found it just right on middle setting .

After about 5 min dwelling

Then washed off

When I got finished with it I found that you can adjust the fan from horizontal to vertical which may be useful to some .

Very impressed .

#14 ·
Cleaning the filter:
Unscrew the Philips headed small screw on the side of the unit, work the head of the lance off and the white filter will be visible at the end of the assembly. Wash thoroughly and reverse the process.
Do not knock out the pins which hold the unit together, this will not give access.

Thought this might be useful - posted up on our website too.

#20 ·
Got mine delivered earlier on during the week, only just had chance to try it out.

Can't fault the customer service from Mark - replied to every email within a few hours.

Upon trying it today, water was spraying out of where it clips into the pressure washer gun, so eff all pressure is coming out the end of the snow lance. Been told to get some plumbers tape and tape it to create a seal.

It may be because i'm a noob to lances, but i'm miffed that I've got to modify the product to work properly, when the normal pressure washer lance piece fits perfectly.

Am i being too harsh?

#22 ·
Got mine delivered earlier on during the week, only just had chance to try it out.

Can't fault the customer service from Mark - replied to every email within a few hours.

Upon trying it today, water was spraying out of where it clips into the pressure washer gun, so eff all pressure is coming out the end of the snow lance. Been told to get some plumbers tape and tape it to create a seal.

It may be because i'm a noob to lances, but i'm miffed that I've got to modify the product to work properly, when the normal pressure washer lance piece fits perfectly.

Am i being too harsh?
If any company tells me this, I'm annoyed straight away. Why should I have to create a seal? I'm paying for a product to be complete, I don't want to get some plumbers tape.

Have you heard anything else?

#24 ·
A customer has bought a foam lance that leaks and has been told to fix it himself instead of...

"We are awfully sorry Sir, please return the item and we'll post a new one out first thing tomorrow morning and also a free air freshener as an apology"

If an item is not fit for purpose then it should be returned and not fixed by the owner. What happens if he damages it when dismantling? It will be his fault and will be left out of pocket. Very poor practise.

#30 ·
Without going ot, we would try and resolve the issue without having the item back, this is because of the inconvenience in having to return something, if it's simple to fix then I don't see the problem. With our products it's either there is a fault or customer error. Simple things like not plugging in the power supply or not using the correct cables at lot of issues can be resolved quickly and without fuss, that's why companies have technical help desks. If we cannot resolve it then we would send a replacement out and refund the postage.

The amount of products we get back without there being a fault is quite high, we also get things back in carrier bags and customers expecting a refund.

So for me trying some ptfe tape would have been acceptable if it was on the thread, however where the leak was I would have expected it swapped/new part. That's assuming it was an issue with the lance and not the pressure washer.

#31 ·
Without going ot, we would try and resolve the issue without having the item back, this is because of the inconvenience in having to return something, if it's simple to fix then I don't see the problem. With our products it's either there is a fault or customer error. Simple things like not plugging in the power supply or not using the correct cables at lot of issues can be resolved quickly and without fuss, that's why companies have technical help desks. If we cannot resolve it then we would send a replacement out and refund the postage.

The amount of products we get back without there being a fault is quite high, we also get things back in carrier bags and customers expecting a refund.

So for me trying some ptfe tape would have been acceptable if it was on the thread, however where the leak was I would have expected it swapped/new part. That's assuming it was an issue with the lance and not the pressure washer.
It's a brand new pressure washer, only used about 4 times :)

Ah, ptfe tape would never have sealed that, there wasn't a o ring missing or anything like that was there ? I work for a mail order company and manage the returns and if a product is faulty with 28 days we refund the postage we just ask for a copy of the postage receipt. :)
The O ring was there, it fit snugly in the lance, but even so, as you can see in the video it's useless lol.

Sent it back today, £5.20 postage! Christ. Unfortunately, return postage isn't covered apparently..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.